Deer Population Must Be Down

I've heard talk and tale of this group and know some of the fellows that are associated in it. All I know is all they want trophy deer, QDMA is what they are all about. Don't get me wrong nothing wrong with trophy hunting, but don't ruin the way I want to hunt and that's by filling my tags, and filling the freezer.
I know guys that have permission to several properties, all locked up with exclusive permission. They tell the farmer they want to shoot deer and turkeys, and then let them walk by as they aren't big enough for them. Mean while the farmer is expecting them to take some animals out of there, cause they are hurting his lively hood.

TMAN makes a pretty good point. How could there be additional tags if people are not getting drawn? The same applies to the moose tags. Tons of groups don't get drawn yet every single year there are lots of additional tags. Get your wallet out and pay for the additional. (not for moose). Seems illogical.

From what I understand QDM promotes the taking of does as opposed to small bucks. I don't think QDM has anything to do with the lack of antlerless tags in this instance. TC

I agree, and having only one tag to use...antlered or antlerless..defeats the idea of QDM. You can't thin the herd out of does and lesser quality animals with only 1 tag and still trophy hunt. While a lot of Ontario hunters may take a doe for the freezer, a lot will concentrate on using that tag for a buck...especially when you're spreading that one tag out over bow-rifle-blackpowder seasons.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks