Deep Fried

You want to try something great, try
ZATARAIN'S Seasoned Fish Fri
Only thing, can only get it US side

Hey @Fish Farmer! Walmart on States side sells it for $2.73 for a 24 oz. box. The only place I could find Zatarain's Fish Fry on our side of the border is at Amazon.ca where it's only $225.00 for a 12 oz. box plus + $9.95 shipping. You may want to hurry though as they only have 3 boxes left. :rolleyes::LOL:

Or they have a 12 pack for $67.20 + $392.06 shipping :eek: (not a misprint) :ROFLMAO: Only in Canada!!!

I was thinking of ordering some, glad I didn't. Thanks for the heads up Wave Runner.
Buddy of mine picks it up for me when he's over there, Price Club, he got it in a gallon plastic bottle.

I always bring back Zatarians after Florida trip. They have at least three different blends.Loiusiana cajun(Ithink that the name) is what I load up on but all are good really.

I was thinking of ordering some, glad I didn't. Thanks for the heads up Wave Runner.
Buddy of mine picks it up for me when he's over there, Price Club, he got it in a gallon plastic bottle.

I have used other products by Zatarains picked up in the U.S. as well which were very good, especially their rice. Have not tried the fish fry but my wife and I are going to States side sometime in the next few weeks so will pick some up to try. Thanks for the tip Fish Farmer. (y)

Friend of mine at the Legion told me about it , I said what the heck is that???
He said you haven't tried a good coating till you try it. So another buddy picked me some up states side.
Wife loves it. Has a little bite, light coating and you don't need salt and it doesn't overpower the taste of the fish.
Hope you guys like it. Buddys at camp love it.
I still like the old standby Italian Bread crumbs.
But Zatarains is easy, just dust wet fillets and fry, Mmmmmmmm good.
Now for some fresh Lake Erie Perch:)
Makin myself hungry.:LOL:

He said you haven't tried a good coating till you try it. So another buddy picked me some up states side.
Wife loves it. Has a little bite, light coating and you don't need salt and it doesn't overpower the taste of the fish.

I'm going to have to get my Aunt to grab me some next time she goes to the states.
I usually use premium plus crackers.
Crumb them up in a freezer bag and away we go.
I've tried others.. so far nothing has topped the cracker crumbs in my opinion.

Kellogg's grind up in the blender to a powdered throw in your spices as it grinds up large box of Kellogg's last al summer great on baked chicken to

:rolleyes: Now you guys did it, no Zatarains to be found anywhere in Canada and no fish for that matter left in the freezer to put on anyway. So now I have to go and spend $40 at the fish n' chip place to satisfy the fish craving you stirred up. I hope you trip over your fishing rod and knock over your open tackle box with a thousand lures in it. :p Happy Easter guys!

Last edited:
:rolleyes: Now you guys did it, no Zatarains to be found anywhere in Canada and no fish for that matter left in the freezer to put on anyway. So now I have to go and spend $40 at the fish n' chip place to satisfy the fish craving you stirred up. I hope you trip over your fishing rod and knock over your open tackle box with a thousand lures in it. :p Happy Easter guys!
Gezz your cruel Wave Runner, I'd sooner hit my shin on my truck receiver ball than dump my tackle box:eek::LOL::LOL: Happy Easter bud.
Leaving shortly to do some Brown fishing at 50 Pt.

$40 to get a fish fix:eek: hope that's not just for you WR

Which Legion, Fish Farmer?

So far I haven't found anything that beats fish crisp for me just the original and I add my own spices it's super good. My one aunt makes the only fish coating that's better for me but she don't even use a recipe so I can't even get it she just eyes it all.

Stoney Creek Branch 622
Are you a Legion member CF? Which Branch, I've been to a few.

My dad's the current President at the giant Teeterville branch. :) It's been a good fit for him since retiring, and he spends a lot of hours out there.
They have the Wampus Cat Friday the 13th with wings. Great times!

My dad's the current President at the giant Teeterville branch. :) It's been a good fit for him since retiring, and he spends a lot of hours out there.
They have the Wampus Cat Friday the 13th with wings. Great times!
Thats Great, I have been near there, Waterford branch, when I've fished the quarries for Crappie.

We've been using canola oil for our deep frying; but I throw a chunk of butter in the oil, gives everything a nice rich taste and browns the batter, without over cooking. My outside cooker holds 4 liters of oil and a pound of butter is just right.
As for the batter Aunt Jeremiah pancake mix, beer and lemon pepper.

132%20-%20Copy_zpshwj2e2wg.jpg

Dan.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks