Custom Ripplin Redfins

Tcat

Hi Guys I know its the off season just thought if i go to any fishing shows what custom colors did you have luck on last year if you dont mind sharing info.Thanks at 15 bucks a pop kinda like to narrow it down.Plus its winter and Iam bored as heck.Lol

Wackem tackle nascar Redfin is always a killer for me. I think I own 4 or 5 of them now. Close second is the emerald green one. And their copper cheetah seems to be one of my best colours for rainbows. Some guys may have a different opinion but I’ve never had any luck with the pink squirrel one. Caught some big sheephead on it consistently but it’s not anything special for walleye. You can just order online too or they are out of Guelph. But I find the paint doesn’t hold up that well on them FYI

Hey @Tcat for me last season & for RRs the black n gold continues to be the top performer colour for RRs for walleyes..same colour shiners are my favourite body bait..

for a longer time the blondie that owned dixie dairy bar st.thomas tried to keep the shelf supplied with that favourite RR colour..and she explained to me that color is for walleyes..lol
she also knew & supplied us with the classic metallic blue & chrome specifically for rainbows..
well she sold the store to a new owner last year to a nice guy Kelvin...and is learning about fishing and fishing supplies..omg..Ya I tried to help him identify his fishing bait inventory last spring..he was able to later order me some of my colour AC shiners..
a few will remember the erie colour transition turned on to orange & gold..and orange & copper...and still no junk fish..
these redfins here below took a beating through some good seasons in the west for erie bows...the hooks sharpen ok.. there just not durable like the old ones..
redfins action 001.JPG

I don’t have any custom RRF but have 2 stock blue chrome that have caught a pile of walleye
The stock colours Mick mentioned all seem to catch fish.

Black and gold produced a lot of numbers on a gold dipsey

Also seemed to always get a bigger one on this from sail

It was the chartreuse and purple one and if u hit it on a sale can get them for under 7 bucks

Best colour for me, hands down, Gold and Black, BUT, not for the last couple of seasons.

I have a pretty good selection, and they're always on the boat. They just don't see the water much any more.

With the way spoons are producing, I seldom put a RR on anymore, and if it doesn't produce something in the length of time I think it should, back in the box it goes.

Hey @Tcat for me last season & for RRs the black n gold continues to be the top performer colour for RRs for walleyes..same colour shiners are my favourite body bait..

for a longer time the blondie that owned dixie dairy bar st.thomas tried to keep the shelf supplied with that favourite RR colour..and she explained to me that color is for walleyes..lol
she also knew & supplied us with the classic metallic blue & chrome specifically for rainbows..
well she sold the store to a new owner last year to a nice guy Kelvin...and is learning about fishing and fishing supplies..omg..Ya I tried to help him identify his fishing bait inventory last spring..he was able to later order me some of my colour AC shiners..
a few will remember the erie colour transition turned on to orange & gold..and orange & copper...and still no junk fish..
these redfins here below took a beating through some good seasons in the west for erie bows...the hooks sharpen ok.. there just not durable like the old ones..
View attachment 20037
@mick I bought some blue/chrome RRF late last Fall,to replace some of the others blue/chrome RRF,because they were almost as bad looking as your blue/chrome in your photo,but not “that bad” and WOW!! :oops: I wonder if the new ones,(blue/chrome RRF),that I bought late last Fall,will hold out,and thank goodness that the walleye’s are starving,4EC4E23D-39FD-40D6-A483-0A7ECA174F4E.jpeg (this walleye almost devoured the whole lure!! :oops:) out there on Lake Erie,and they are almost hitting anything that moves,because there are so many other RRF colours to choose from,that they like!! Tight lines & Lake Erie walleye’s ON!! to you and all,in 2020!! ?????

Another for blue/chrome black/chrome RRF. But as Mick mentioned the hooks seem to be not so good as previous. i have to replace a few that bent upon removal. Still not sure what to replace them with yet. I like the Gold RRF too

RRFs have always produced but the last 2 years spoons out produce hands down for us anyway. Like @hvyhaul said my RRFs rarely come out of the box anymore. To be perfectly honest we rarely even have to change any of the spoons we start with in order to limit out that's how good the walleye fishing has become.
@Wave Runner if you have any RRF’s in the blue/silver or in any colour that you might want to sell,because they are not producing fish for you,the @Red Hering would be very interested in buying them off you,my “good” friend!! o_O lol :ROFLMAO: ??;) Tight lines & walleye’s ON!!?????

You can get a 3-pack RRF for $18 in Natural Sports if you really want these. 1x blue/chrome, 1 orange/gold/black, and 1x mad clown. All are good, I am sure other stores will have it at similar price. The colors that worked best for me are blue/chrome and orange/gold/black. However, I also did ok with Luhr Jensen Coyote Pink or Green Chartreuse UV off dipsy, and wonderbread off dipsy with similar patterns.1579011634470.png

Last edited:
By the way, if you live far from these stores and do not feel like driving anywhere (can't blame you for that), you can get these from Cabelas; typically they have a free shipping no limit on Wednesdays and holidays.

very good & helpful Vlad..
yes spoons
after great fishin for everybody off leamington 2X last spring ...my new fishin buddy Pete @borg and I started off glasgow and hammered um on SS copper spoons walmart (cracked ice) and Kevorkian (purple)..3 doubles on one rod..slider/rigger
like a few others the orange copper greasy chicken was a favourite come august both walleyes and bows
I think most of us can agree we didn't have to dig deep in our tackle for selection for baits & colours..

Somehow I feel that once all my lures are gone, I will take a table spoon, drill holes in it, install hooks and add a snap to it - should work if I polish it well enough ;)

P.S. Dear Poseidon if you hear us - do something about the weather, we want to be out there by March :)

You can get a 3-pack RRF for $18 in Natural Sports if you really want these. 1x blue/chrome, 1 orange/gold/black, and 1x mad clown. All are good, I am sure other stores will have it at similar price. The colors that worked best for me are blue/chrome and orange/gold/black. However, I also did ok with Luhr Jensen Coyote Pink or Green Chartreuse UV off dipsy, and wonderbread off dipsy with similar patterns.View attachment 20050
The best deal @vmuravin that I have seen yet on the RRF’s,and thanks for sharing!! ???

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks