Crappy day so it’s a rib smoking day

Three Bouys

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Change of diet today to smoke some ribs (11.7 lbs). Seen a different recipe on Tik Tok and decided to try it. Run in mustard with my favourite spices and smoked them for 4 hrs at 250 degrees. Then removed them and coated them with a bbq sauce and pure maple syrup and wrapped them in aluminum foil. Put them back on the smoker at 175 degrees for another 1.5 hrs. They turned out pretty good but not as good as my rib recipe.
48646171-12AE-417D-9491-81ED4B188B00.jpegE8E27614-C889-4525-A9AF-8E66D6C546F5.jpeg85080F91-AAC5-4220-9807-6FE7DCCFF43D.jpeg

What is your rib recipe? I have four racks to go on the treager as early as tomorrow

What is your rib recipe? I have four racks to go on the treager as early as tomorrow
@Wildfire this recipe called for a higher heat setting at 275 for which I thought was a little high. I lowered it to 250, there weren’t quite a fall off the bone and a little tougher than what I’m used too.
I set the smoker for 200-225 degrees, prep the meat with with an assorted spices. Seasoning salt, garlic salt and lemon pepper. Coat the meat lightly with olive oil and rub in the spices. Smoke them for a good 3.5-4 hrs till meat temp gets to approx 160-170 degrees. Remove from smoker and brush on your favourite bbq sauce and a little brown sugar and wrap them in tin foil. Put back on the smoker for another 1-1.5 hrs. Remove, let rest for about 30 mins still wrapped

I’ve never used mustard at the beginning to coat my ribs. Thought I would try it and wouldn’t do it again. There was a hint of mustard flavour.

This also calls for about 6 Busch Lights and a couple of Caesar’s. 🍻🍻🍹🍹

Do you guys spray/spritz the ribs at all during the cook? If so, what’s your go to spray?

I am a noob and interested to learn! Thanks!

I do, apple cider vinegar and water mix.

That's to prevent burning, if the bark forms equally and gradually, I don't always spritz. 🌻

I don't have a smoker, but what I do with my ribs is marinate them using:

Red Wine vinegar
Lea and Perrins
Apple juice
fresh minced garlic
Maple Syrup
Brown Sugar
Hickory flavored Liquid Smoke
Montreal Steak Spice.
Mesquite Rub

I marinate them overnight if I can, or 4-6 hours if doing them same day. Once marinated, I'll drain most of the marinate leaving just enough to reach the bottom of the rib bones, then I'll cook'em in the oven at 275 F for about 2 hours, and I'll finish them on the BBQ mixing a little bit of maple syrup into the BBQ sauce.

For Prime Rib tho, in the restaurants I worked in, we always used to rub Dijon mustard on the PR, along with Rosemary, Thyme, fresh minced garlic, salt and pepper before putting it in the oven. I do the same at home when I have one.

Where the heck is Orono? I've never heard of it ever.
Lol it's up Hwy 115 north of Newcastle. Now that it's morning I'm at my destination in Bethany waiting to get unloaded so rather then a late dinner I wouldn't be opposed to having the leftovers for breakfast lol

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks