Crappie Apr.26

spilliard1

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
I was fortunate to get out this aft for some more crappie. I started in the boat at 1 and fished til 5:30. Moved around quite a bit with the cold wind picking up and clouds it made the bite tough. Live minnows under 16"-18" slip float was the ticket today. Water was 48F-50F today. I landed about 25 or so with 2 huge oos largemouth to keep things interesting on 4lb. Brought home 11 crappie to finish off my season. Got enough for the seasonal fish fry and then wait til next spring. Any I catch now will swim.
I know I'll get flack for this but it was a beauty and with the water that cold no way it was spawning yet

Bucket of slabs just before the knife

Was out Monday, managed a couple slabs but couldn't find a consistent school.
The OOS largies were out in full force, tough to not set on the obvious bite they have with a float.
One female I saw sunning beside a 3lb male I eventually caught had to be twice the length...they won't be so easy to find come opener LOL.
Sure is fun on the UL and 4 lb mono though...

MMMMM good. Nice mess of fish you have there @spilliard1. You might get grief for talking a photo of the bucket mouth. For the time it takes to take a quick photo I'm sure the future of the Large Mouth Bass species is safe.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks