Coulchester / Leamington / Erieau ???? Lately

BallEye2

Has anyone fished Coulchester / Leamington / Erieau within the last week? Thinking of making the trip this week for a few days of fishing and would like to go to where they are hitting. Any tips or tricks on what was working would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Balleye2

I fished Erieau on Saturday on a buddies boat. We boated 6 but we didn’t stay long as we were in 6-7 footers. Flat lining deep diving body baits.

Colchester is a good choice but Leamington is getting better this week too. Park gates out to Point Pelee, in-line weights with harnesses and diving crankbaits running at around 25' in 36fow all produced good numbers of fish last weekend. Greens were best but purple was also pretty good. It will only get better as June marches on. Haven't fished the shoreline west of Leamington yet this year but it's usually very good by mid-June as well.

Thanks all for replies. G-mech - when you say out Park gates - out the harbour and head towards Point Pelee? In line weights - 1 1/2 or 2 ounces...I guess whatever gets us down......Thanks for the tips.

Thanks all for replies. G-mech - when you say out Park gates - out the harbour and head towards Point Pelee? In line weights - 1 1/2 or 2 ounces...I guess whatever gets us down......Thanks for the tips.
It’s been awhile since I used the inline boards with weights but I believe 1 oz get you down 10 feet...maybe another member can chime in so I’m not giving out incorrect info

Lots of variables, (speed being a big one) but the 1oz/ 10’ is close. Park (gates) are just a ways past the last visible cottages.

The park gate is about half way out to the point just past the last cottage. I ran 2oz 80' back and @m burr ran 3 oz back 45' last weekend behind those useless offshore inline boards and both were equally effective. That should put you down around 20-25' but every day is different of course. I Usually run around 2 mph. I will dig out the depth chart and post it later when I'm at work, I'm not doing this on my own time.

Last edited:
Okay, I'm now comfortably at my desk with coffee in hand, time to talk fishing!

Here's a simple chart to use as a guide, it seems pretty good to get you in the zone at least and you adjust from there. I usually run 2 oz weights and start with a range, say one at 60', one at 80', one at 100' back and adjust to suit depending on which one works best. It's always better to err to the shallow side so if you're not sure, start shallow and adjust deeper.

There's tons of different charts and apps for this and they don't all agree but from this is the one I have taped to the lid of the plano box:

1592304998142.png

This one seems pretty close too and has various speeds.

1592305113119.png

Last edited:
I got fish on BB and 2oz inlines
I think those charts are on the shallow side marked fish on bottom and up at 20
Was running 35 back off those useless offshore boards in 25 feet of water
And yes I know walleye have eyes on the top of there head lol
Out of Colchester
But leamington is a shorter run down the highway

If your using offshore weights they have the dive charts on there website as well, I printed them off and laminated for the boat

Seemed to be good for depths as I think they set these up with a diver in the water

In regard to depth charts above ..I'm assuming the line out to the weight is the depth they're showing and not including the lead or the lure depth range...So I'm thinking a 25ft lead from the weight would work for most applications?..correct me if I'm wrong ?

Back