Colchester

Ramrod

I'm thinking of trying my luck for walleye out of colchester. I've never been down that way so just looking for advice on depth or good baits for this time of year or if it's even worth a 2 hour drive?

ramrod im going fishing out of colchester next wens or thurs fished there many years ago. went on skunked. 19 20 ft east of boat launch 39 ft by kingsville . in 20 ft they use bottom bouncers .if u can get a report from big rod hes the man down there.

Hey Ramrod, I was down fishing colchester two weeks ago, and in my opinion a lot of fish are already to Leamington. I would not go as far as Colchester if I was going again. Just my opinion.

if western lake erie was anything like last season it should be good ...i think some of you guys remember how leamington was hot all summer last year...If the MNR got there numbers right from last year...it should be another above average fishing season for erie walleye...LSC walleye fishin has been really good so far for most of us... there is a really good catchable LSC year class of jacks/spikes...apperently there are still alot of them still up in the thames specifically thameville...guys that fish colchester start at the mile marker..fish out from the helicopter pad and go west down to holiday beach..later in the season go out to the islands

Was out of leamington today. Nanda zippo zilch...... nice day with the boy and good weather tho

hopefully the majority of post spawn erie walleye didn't do something stupid and head over to the states side..lol...its happened before...i remember one summer season we were traveling south over 10 miles out of burwell in 69 -70 fow to catch limits of walleye with above average size. ...I remember looking back to shore and you could just see the turbines... i waypointed that large area as boats were scattered in that part of the central basin catchin fish..last season there was lots of walleye action further east it might be a suprise where the good numbers of erie walleye start showing up this season

Let me be quite frankly here. Before we toute doom and gloom in the lake erie walleye fishery I have to admit not due to a lack of effort or equipment i quite suck at Lake Erie fishing..lol

to j-man your right started fishing central lake erie 9 yrs it was nothing short of fantastic . last 3 years has slowed down last year and this is going dead.we should be banning fishing tugs that dont support the local economy . like marnies bait stores angler outfitters minnoes worms boat shops cottage owners etc etc!!!!!!!!!! curious what do the tug boats do with the 10 lbs picks and 12 in perch the restaraunt dont want ????????

ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
Colchester Friday n Sat.

nice picks big rod thinking off going out of colchester thinking about holiday beach 20 ft with bottom bouncers am i getting warm ????

Back