Clear creek launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

dews

wasnt someone launching boats in clear creek last year ? Any info. Would be great. Thanks

No doubt
Who holds the deed to the land the launch is on????

Honestly don't really care
No skin off my back to have to launch from Burwell To get to Hastings
If and only if I can't catch any perch from Port Bruce lol
I just find it funny how it's constantly a topic of discussion.
Never investigated it but I'm betting whoever is launching into Clear Creek is doing so on property that they do not own and are claiming to be theirs.
Seems like anyone with property on that street thinks they own the entire street and 100ft out into the water and all the fish that are in it.

LMAO

Where the launch that l know of I believe the gentleman owns the land that the launch is on. There is always the argument of where the property line is along the shoreline, something about high water marks but he does own the property to access it. It never hurts to drive down and talk to him and ask him. I asked him a couple of years ago but he told me it's only for family and a few friends. He did seemed to be a nice man though. I can say that I blame him I wouldn't want to have people driving across my yard all the time.

I do not disagree with that statement.

I feel like if these people who own land there wanted seclusion than they should have bought their Sunmer cottage somewheres 10hr drive North of Long Point
And if it's just a chunk of land they own with no cottage then what is the big deal
If someone parks on the road.
I'm not even going to argue the access point as I have never even been down there.. But I like to argue so if I ever do go down there in going to take a look lol.
Someone once posted a map of property lines..
And I'm pretty sure there was a few municipal access points along the drive.

My street gets loaded with parked cars a couple times a week all summer long.
Not a damn thing I can do about it..
Do I like it??? Nope... Is it the end of the world ??? NOPE.

I think you need a 4way drive there to launch and just small boats if it wavy forget it

As I said in previous post
No skin off my back to launch from Burwell and go for a little boat ride along the shore to get to Hastings.
I've launched from Bruce and ended up in front of Burwell before boat ride isn't much different.
I wouldn't attempt to fish Hastings launching from Bruce tho. Not Smart

Most people have a 4x4 truck that haul there boats around

Hey @can't miss
I've repeatedly said I couldn't care less about driving my boat from St. Thomas to Hastings drive to launch into the creek there
Plus I'm pretty sure my boat maybe a little too big for it.
re read my message before the 4x4 truck message, you will read that I clearly stated its no problem to boat from Burwell to Hastings if I need that experience.
It also says that I'm content with fishing from Port Bruce.
I just like to poke fun at these people who bitch and wine about people asking about the launch and Parking on the street and claiming they own municipal right of passage and no one can use it but who they say may pass through the golden gates to Hastings.
The quick shortcut to Perch Haven
Lmao.

And if I did own that guys land I would turn it into a public boat launch!!! And I would use the money I made from that to buy A private Lake up North that I would hoard all to myself

LMFAO! (y)

You should also buy up a team of flying unicorn's to get you to lake never, never land. Look, it's someone else's property, they can do with it as they like?

Where are you getting the impression he should do otherwise?????

I never once said he should let strangers use HIS property to launch.

But if there is a municipal beach access then who are they to say they cannot park on the side of the road?

Just the same as cars lining up in front of my house couple times a week to use the park????

And I only made the JOKE about owning the property and making a public boat launch because clearly it would make a shit load of money.
Especially from all you old timers that want to fish Hastings but think it's nuts to go for a 30 min boat ride on Lake Erie to get to Hastings from Burwell!

Thanks Derkd9, it's been interesting, BBQ is calling, and you are correct, as a old timer, I don't understand how private ownership can ever be questioned, popular spot or not?
Took me 35+ yr's working to get mine, and it's great, but your not launching here either.

Well thanks for re assuring me. By answering a question I did not ask. Lol you're right this has been interesting
That's quite the gift you have. "Reading and responding to something that was never typed"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks