Chronic Wasting Disease

Got that email from MNR already and they are supposed to have "roaming technicians" to take brain tissue samples. I will have to reread it as there should be a phone number to call so they (the tech's) can come and test your deer. No sense them driving willy nilly all over Southern Ontario wasting our tax dollars.

Got that email from MNR already and they are supposed to have "roaming technicians" to take brain tissue samples. I will have to reread it as there should be a phone number to call so they (the tech's) can come and test your deer. No sense them driving willy nilly all over Southern Ontario wasting our tax dollars.
I think I saw on that link there that they will have already contacted specific groups that hunt specific areas that they will be visiting.
Which is good I agree they shouldn’t just be cruising around looking for groups of orange

Old Cut what they did in 92b last time was the techs travelled to known places where hunters where in groups. The Big Bend Conservation Area was one near us (20 or 30 hunters camped for the week) and they had a meat pole. She happened to see our group at our vehicles and stopped and gave us her card and said call when we got one. She also visited our processor a few times where she could test a number at a time.
If and when I see them I'll post their number on here.

Checking with places that process wild game is logical, but a lot of guys do their own and may wish to have theirs tested. If we get anything and not see "the tech's" maybe call the MNR office in Aylmer ?

Checking with places that process wild game is logical, but a lot of guys do their own and may wish to have theirs tested. If we get anything and not see "the tech's" maybe call the MNR office in Aylmer ?
This is the list of freezer drop offs in southwestern Ontario 87907ACD-69B6-40CC-8D5C-B85F0EBF2E66.pngFD9A8E21-8797-4C8B-9C65-81E2DCB2C562.png

Drop off head

You can cut top of skull to take antlers majority of brain needs to be left behind and all of brain stem
Read the whole link I posted it’s all in there
The instructions for sampling and other locations in other areas of Ontario for drop off
Most of them require an appointment.
But antler river archery just come during operating hours

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks