cheaters ?

It makes me sick to my stomach. I have dabbled in tourneys for a few years to varied results, but always honestly. The thought that the expenditure, (and even small series weekend warrior tourneys cost you a pretty penny after entry, gas, lodging etc) would be wasted on people cheating is maddening enough that I question why I waste my time and money doing it honestly. There are lots of rumours of known local guys skirting rules around here, like 'stacking fish' by catching them in multiple locations pre tourney and dropping them off in very isolated cover so they are likely to hold there for a few days, for instance a log on a sand flat. It's frustrating.

Hope there is something done like I hope they can take there winnings away and give them to the proper winners. Post there pics at the tables of the next tournaments for a while I think others cheat also and never get caught sad for sportsmen to have to deal with this.

All making sense to me now. Coming out of Dover in the early morning of August 29th I spotted one of those location marker buoys, red in colour and looks like a dumb bell. It wasn't far off Spar Buoy ED4. I stopped to retrieve it and felt some resistance on the line attached to something on the bottom. It was almost the same as the one shown at the start of this thread and inside were four impressive SM bass! They must've been in there for awhile because they had started to grow aquarium fuzz. I freed them up to live another day. (I hoped, not realizing 'til reading this article that they might remain territorial) Anyways I stomped the crap out of this "poor man's lobster trap" and let it go back to the bottom. Made my day and the Elbow did too! Would have been funny to have a Go-Pro camera mounted on Buoy ED4 just to see the fun.

The CO let the fish go and kept the laundry baskets. They should have laid in wait for them after they saved the fish. There may be charges but a good lawyer will beat it. The money they have won lately will never go back. These guys came out of nowhere to win 2 straight tourneys. Scum bags. They had better not show themselves around the guys that paid their fees and played fair and square. Scifozzo. (ski fozzo) That's a very bad word to call someone with an Italian surname which they have. (spelled wrong of course)

All making sense to me now. Coming out of Dover in the early morning of August 29th I spotted one of those location marker buoys, red in colour and looks like a dumb bell. It wasn't far off Spar Buoy ED4. I stopped to retrieve it and felt some resistance on the line attached to something on the bottom. It was almost the same as the one shown at the start of this thread and inside were four impressive SM bass! They must've been in there for awhile because they had started to grow aquarium fuzz. I freed them up to live another day. (I hoped, not realizing 'til reading this article that they might remain territorial) Anyways I stomped the crap out of this "poor man's lobster trap" and let it go back to the bottom. Made my day and the Elbow did too! Would have been funny to have a Go-Pro camera mounted on Buoy ED4 just to see the fun.
Make me want to puke. Obviously put there for the Erie Bassmasters series that weekend. Hopefully you saved some honest anglers their money.

Back in the 80's and before, I used to take my kids up to fish the Orillia Spring Perch Derby. The top prize for adults was I am pretty sure a truck. So after taking my two young boys out we weigh in their fish (yes they caught them...I was the baiter), one wins the kids largest fish for the 2 week derby...off we go to the awards ceremony and the adult winner had been disqualified for their perch...I believe it was tested and proven to be from Erie and not Simcoe or Couch....was a sad day, trying to explain to my 5 and 6 year old sons why someone would do this....It wasn't long after thy prize structure changed dramatically. I still took them up for a few years to fish it....was always fun. Just sad that one or two can ruin it for everyone else. btw...I think my son's perch was like .2 oz off the truck winner lol...which he wouldn't have qualified for anyways...he did win a 1000.00 shopping spree in Orillia though. (Ever try to spend 1000.00 in Orillia in one day shopping for kids stuff?) Ended up at a grocery store to finish it off !

I don't Like Pro fishing tournaments. They are all about marketing over priced gear. I especially hate their shirts that look like detergent boxes. I'm thinking all here wont agree with me but that's my opinion. Thick Skin, Sawdust

The Pro Tournaments are the safest from abuse. Marshalls, photographers, amateur co boaters, on water spectators, Xrays of caught fish, lie detector tests for the winners... It's the weekend warrior series that are open to the most cheating.

Some here might remember the walleye derby in Delaware back in the 80's. Weigh in at the Delaware firehall. It was all spring fish in the Thames, and there were tons of big spawning sows. Our team had the limit of fish...I think it was 6, and they were all massive...and fresh. We thought we had it in the bag...until at the last minute a team from the area shows up with 6 bigger fish...but you could easily tell they were old...faded gills, discoloured eyes. Common knowlege they had them in a pool somewhere. The judges let them through regardless, so we took 2nd...and told them where to put 2nd prize. Disgusting.

Back