Cat pic

fawnslayer

This was sent to me and apparently is from the Delhi area. I'm still sceptical but very cool either way

I got to the bottom of it. The pic is from an Arkansa magazine. With all the talk of cats around he really had me going. Not sure why it didn't show up I will try it again

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 119
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 103
This was sent to me and apparently is from the Delhi area. I'm still sceptical but very cool either way

I was in the same boat and thought people who claimed to have seen cougars around here were drunk and/or blind. That all changed when two of us watched a full grown cougar leap across the trail about 30 yards in front of us as we were riding ATV's 10 minutes southwest of Brantford and less than 100 yards from multiple homes. My buddy who was leading the way isn't a hunter and he immediately slammed on the brakes and asked if I saw the big cat.

my good buddy has seen a cougar on county line and 13 in hagersville on his way home from work in the AM . totally belive it , have also heard that mnr has reintroduced to keep the deer population down . but can not confirm that at all

Here's one my cousin sent down from RR2 Tofield Alberta last winter. Farmer lost three stockers to this old Tom before he could get a farm/agricultural nuisance permit to whack him. Apparently 45-70 cal. is pretty good kitty deterrent. Apparently you can't mount them or have them stuffed if shot this way.
Be careful out there Scrimmy!

Attachments

• Fat Cat.png
    Fat Cat.png
    92.5 KB · Views: 106
Have seen tracks for over a decade around here. Only know of 2 people sighting the cat. Glad they're still scared of us. Yet.

my good buddy has seen a cougar on county line and 13 in hagersville on his way home from work in the AM . totally belive it , have also heard that mnr has reintroduced to keep the deer population down . but can not confirm that at all

The MNR introducing cougars is nothing but a myth that was started by some nutbar. You'd see far more cougars and/or tracks if the MNR did in fact release them to control the deer population as there would need to be quite a few cats to control the huge deer population we have in southwestern ontario.

To control deer numbers they simply offer more or less additional tags each season. I believe there are over 10,000 fewer tags being offered this season which is a direct result of the population crashing due to the combination of overpopulation and a severe winter.

@ch312 Whereabouts southwest of brantford? I live in the Burford area and have a good friend that states he saw a cougar 3 years ago while fishing along the Grand downstream of the outskirts of brantford

Over 15 years back one sauntered between the neighbours. and our place, down the hill to the lake to take a drink of water ( Selkirk ON). It was a summer drought and must have been thirsty. Have not seen one since. Sure was unsettling as there are many little kids here in the summer. Have not seen one since. They will take one if hungry enough I guess. A real problem for hikers in BC I have read. Will take a good bite out of a grown mans head as well, if they live to tell it. A few have not survived.

Are a Mountain Lion and a Cougar the same? That pic @SOUTHWIND posted is one huge cat. The cat I saw was 1/2 that size, if I saw that I'd be moving or cancel all the beach activities for sure.

What no jokes about women that are older than their prey?

Last edited:
Over 15 years back one sauntered between the neighbours. and our place, down the hill to the lake to take a drink of water ( Selkirk ON). It was a summer drought and must have been thirsty. Have not seen one since. Sure was unsettling as there are many little kids here in the summer. Have not seen one since. They will take one if hungry enough I guess. A real problem for hikers in BC I have read. Will take a good bite out of a grown mans head as well, if they live to tell it. A few have not survived.

Are a Mountain Lion and a Cougar the same? That pic @SOUTHWIND posted is one huge cat. The cat I saw was 1/2 that size, if I saw that I'd be moving or cancel all the beach activities for sure.

What no jokes about women that are older than their prey?
The Lynx population has increased in Ontario over the last 5 years........I have seen them In Elliot Lake, Sue Saint Marie, and Floyet. They are generally are in areas with high rabbitt populations and when numbers decline then the cats move to urban areas looking for food.......Timmin's had lynx problem this past spring , with several being shot in town.
If I was a betting man ??? I would say the Cougar sightings in Ontario are actually big Lynx.....just like the wolves seen in southern Ontario are most likely big Coyotes

The recent sightings throughout Southern Ontario are pretty hard to dismiss.

Residents down the Lake near James Allan Provincial Park (between Selkirk and Port Maitland) report seeing them on a regular basis.

One reportedly spotted over here on the Lynn Valley Road last fall. Numerous sightings along the Escarpment in Niagara Region

Hunters on the 2nd Deer Hunt in December pushed one out south of Mt.Pleasant near Biggar Rd.

And the black one reported north of Kent Bridge up near Chatham was seen before Christmas crossing Hwy 3 near the road going to Rondeau Park.

I guess we're just going to have the flip phones, camera or trail-cams ready to get that once in a life time shot to see what they are for sure. Happy shooting!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks