cans

ship wrecked

I heard there are tons of cans at the head of the bay ,pretty early or did they just stay here never leave ?

Been here all the time.Must have stayed out in the Outer Bay when the Bay froze over.Bay was covered with ice Monday but now wide open and a large raft of birds (mostly Cans from what I can see) approx 2000 sitting off #25 and#30 area.

Hello Sonnyuphi,

I agree ... lots of canvasbacks around during February and March so far ... many right off my seawall.

Jerome

Before this latest cold snap there had to be at least 20,000 birds rafted up all over the Bay. Mostly divers, everything from Redheads, Bluebills, Cans, Buffies, all types of Merganers and in the marsh were Mallards,Blacks and Ringnecks .
In all my years of being at the Point I have never seen so many ducks anywhere. Of course I have never hunted out west so there is a rider.

lot of birds friday was a great day to look ..to bad the water in the marsh by marina shores wasnt open a bit..still havent seen a ruddy with a red head

Attachments

• IMG_3078 (2).JPG
    IMG_3078 (2).JPG
    235.7 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_3074.JPG
    IMG_3074.JPG
    331.5 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_3073.JPG
    IMG_3073.JPG
    160.9 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_3072.JPG
    IMG_3072.JPG
    206.8 KB · Views: 39
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks