cabelas in buffalo ny

chefboyardee

was talking to a guy in dicks sporting goods in walden galleria mall on friday and he informed me that they were opening a cablleas in the summer next year across the street, along with the bass pro going in niagara on the lake and cabellas in orillia.
though this is a cool place to oogle at everything in one place. dont forget to support you local guys cause when yah need them there always there! a few dollars extra doesnt make a difference on any day

You are right chef.

Basically not even a few dollars difference, exchange or not, between here and across the ditch. There is a Gander Mountain in Tonawanda just off the 290 at Colvin. That's my neck of the woods, basically grew up there until kindergarten and every summer through high school. My mom,s from N.T. I've been to Gander many times and unless there is a sale on there is no difference in price. Sometimes they are higher. I bought my new Hummingbird HD combo with chip for 300 beans less than Gander wants. Proctor in Simcoe had them on sale this month for even less than I paid the last time they were on sale in July. 5 series combo with Navionics Gold card for less than $600.00 all in. The entry level Okuma reel and rod spooled with leadcore I bought in town here is $50.00 more there without leadcore. Canadian store or not the money usually ends up down there but we can help the employees here as well as all the ancillary work here that goes along with shopping this side of the border. I see nothing really down there now that even the independent guys like Bill's Bait and Tackle or Fishing World in Hamilton have other than a wider selection. But these little guys here will order you whatever they have for the same price and like I said sometimes for less!!!!

This goes for other sports like golf, not sure about hunting. Apparently something that has been worked out the last few years on the free trade front was the US dropping duty on US made sporting goods and vise versa. Things like Rappala, a Finnish company are the same or more today down Buffalo way.

Off topic someone is booting by right now in a fishing rig, they just stopped on the shoal 1 KM out, go guys, and or gals go. There's big Bass there now. If I wasn't frying up perch today for the crew and watching the Kitty Cat game, I'd be there myself. A good enough excuse not to fish is to eat em.

I've been to Cabelas in Dundee Mi.about 5 times.It's a big beautiful store with an amazing selection.Besides that though it's only worth the trip if you are looking for something special or not available around here.They rarely have good sales on fishing gear or electronics other than their own brand.All good sales are pretty much website only.For hunters though they have a huge selection of hunting wear and gear and might be worth the trip.Another good thing too is they have very knowledgeable staff and excellent customer service,these guys are great to deal with.

i agree - the big stores are nice to visit every now and then but your local guy is going to give you the service you really need most of the time. sometimes selection is a bit better - or they've got some clothes that you wouldn't be able to get else where, but for my money most of the time the local guy is going to either know as much or more, have more time for you and he's a lot more willing to go the extra mile - not to mention a lot of times he's much more convenient for most of us

I always shop local as I think if you don,t they will be gone where else can you walk into a store and be referred by your first name and get accurate news and tips with no bull.Most small shops will and can order any thing you want anyways.I always try Lambeth rod and tackle first and Steve is allways friendly and great to deal with.Big stores are a great experience but shop local or they will disappear .

There is not one but two Cabella's here in Edmonton. Very nice stores stocked well but the staff is not very bright

I agree with buying local always try too, but there are certain items you just can't get or the quality isn't there... Cabela’s has some very nice stuff and they back there item’s 100%, as for the NY store it actually opens Fall of 2014 and is going to be 88000 SQ Ft…. There also opening one in Barrie Ont. Off 400 and Maple it opens Summer of 2014 and will be 77000 SQ Ft…… Nice thing about them being somewhat close you can order on line and have the item shipped free to the store for pick-up……..Bass Pro is ok they have lots of fishing items but they can’t compare to the hunting section and items of Cabela’s……….

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks