0BA5A93A-14C5-46C3-A02E-B5E078C7E880.jpeg
    526.1 KB · Views: 217
  • 6C121AA3-8C7D-47CA-B03D-1B542C18D906.jpeg
    6C121AA3-8C7D-47CA-B03D-1B542C18D906.jpeg
    322.8 KB · Views: 232
  • 8EF3F326-1E00-4165-AED8-5D2E72C15B01.jpeg
    8EF3F326-1E00-4165-AED8-5D2E72C15B01.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 236
Thanks for sharing. Some great eating there! Planning on going out tomorrow....if the rain is not too intense. Anybody know the fee charged at the marina launch? Thanks

10 bucks.
Now that’s a deal @rewired and likely the cheapest boat ramp fee anywhere!! It seems like as of now,there are more walleye’s being caught in the Port Burwell area,such as from your post,and a few other members post’s. Here I thought that the walleye’s moved from the western part of lake erie to the east,eventually reaching port glasgow,port stanley,etc.,first before Port Burwell.The weather is starting to look not too bad the rest of the week,and walleye’s on,wherever and whenever anyone might be fishing from on Lake Erie.????

Great work!!

I've seen a few posts where the eyes were caught in 40-50FOW; what depth did you set your lures at? 20'?

Snaapz, sometimes info is hard to get. My advice is to start at the 50 fow mentioned and if there are two of you then run four rods and set them all at different depths in the water column. Walleye change every day and are only where they are because that is where the bait is. When you hook one make sure to read the line counter and then target that reading on all rods.

@snaapz I can remember being where you are and that wasn't long ago. First year out on Erie I can remember fishing with my neighbour, listening to the chatter on the radio and saying, "Bull ?, no way do they have that many."

Then things started to click and the boat was catching more and more fish, and the opposite scenario was happening, the boat was near limit and there was chatter asking for what was working and at what depth.

My neighbour and I looked at each other and said, "wow now there's turnabout for you. Kind of makes us feel for them as it is so fresh in our minds."

This forum is where I got all my information and along with all new electronics completely turned the boat's success around.

It will come if you apply what people on here offer. A lot of it has already been asked and answered. Use search and you will find a treasure trove of information.

No one steers anyone wrong here.

Good luck.

Thank you @GPS & @hvyhaul , great words of encouragement and its true... I've already learned a lot since I joined.

I like the tip about setting rods at different depths then record the depth when you get a hit. My 2 3/4 year old can reel in with a bit of help from me; does that mean he can have 2 lines out? :sneaky:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks