Burwell today

Tyee

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
It most certainly was bumpy out there today. On the water by 6:15 and found the fish were scattered. Never passed 60ft today due to the conditions but apparently the fishing was better past 61ft. Brought home 10 and a bow. Gently released 1 undesirable (Sheep) Riggers were king at 40ft but we did catch 4 on 8 colour lead-core with custom RRF. Was worth the drive after working all last weekend apparently missing some stellar fishing.

It most certainly was bumpy out there today. On the water by 6:15 and found the fish were scattered. Never passed 60ft today due to the conditions but apparently the fishing was better past 61ft. Brought home 10 and a bow. Gently released 1 undesirable (Sheep) Riggers were king at 40ft but we did catch 4 on 8 colour lead-core with custom RRF. Was worth the drive after working all last weekend apparently missing some stellar fishing.
Finally a Burwell report. Good fishing

I think burwell reports are down because limits are been caught if you can make it to 60 plus feet pretty easy pickens. Be safe its a long ways to 60

Looks like not too many ventured out yesterday in the walleye chop,compared to last Saturday,big otter was packed last Saturday

Looks like not too many ventured out yesterday in the walleye chop,compared to last Saturday,big otter was packed last Saturday
I didn’t get to fish last Saturday as I was working…

But I don’t recall last Saturday being East winds 10+ knots???

I think burwell reports are down because limits are been caught if you can make it to 60 plus feet pretty easy pickens. Be safe its a long ways to 60

I would have expected the opposite with more people limiting out.

Not too many I see brag about being stumped by the lake.

Usually the theme is, "Done good, not done awful." LOL

I am off this week so I hope to be out every chance I get.

BTW, there is nothing worse than having to work when the fishing is good. Only upside is it buys me more expensive toys.

I would have expected the opposite with more people limiting out.

Not too many I see brag about being stumped by the lake.

Usually the theme is, "Done good, not done awful." LOL

I am off this week so I hope to be out every chance I get.
By the looks of it… you have the same luck at picking weeks off as I do 😔

@hvyhaul thats really unfortunate what happened with your boat..
I went threw two seasons of not fishing when I had my old boat.. mechanical or any other type of issue with your boat is the worst for so many reasons.. and makes you lose confidence or always have the issue in the back of your head worrying about it or stressing out a little while you’re trying to have a good time fishing.
I missed at least 1 outing when my trailer lighting was messing up on me at the beginning of August, frustrating that was a good week of fishing too after reading the reports.
Thank goodness your issue didn’t end for the worse as you said it could of! 🙏

Yeah, I figure I missed the two best weeks of weather and fishing of 2021 due to the issue with my boat.

Oh well, could have been so much worse than it was.
I am sure there’s still some time to get in a few trips ,I am looking to get in a few more before shutting it down for 2021

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks