Burwell South Coast charters

Outcast

We book an evening charter with Mike Bowman on his 27' Baha yesterday The lake was still a little unsettled from the day before but we managed to put 29 of our 30 in the box. Slow pick. A couple doubles. The trip really had me questioning boat ownership ! I have been doing this style of fishing for many years. It was nice to sit back and watch someone else do the work. ( I did help at times) I would honestly say that if you only want to get out a 2-3 times a season. This is My new go to !

Attachments

• IMG_4187.jpeg
    IMG_4187.jpeg
    296.8 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_4186.jpeg
    IMG_4186.jpeg
    244.2 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_4185.jpeg
    IMG_4185.jpeg
    211.8 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_4184.jpeg
    IMG_4184.jpeg
    213.8 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_4189.jpeg
    IMG_4189.jpeg
    210.9 KB · Views: 126
I totally agree Outcast... I preach this alot... The fresh meat darn near covers the cost of charter as well if you pull limits...

Yup a good idea.

If they're out when I'm out I use their radio communication to judge how well my plan for the day is working.

Never fish anywhere near them, or any other boats for that matter, just to verify if I'm dialed in or not. 🌻

Yup a good idea.

If they're out when I'm out I use their radio communication to judge how well my plan for the day is working.

Never fish anywhere near them, or any other boats for that matter, just to verify if I'm dialed in or not. 🌻
Yep . But the day we broke down out there they went right by me chattering to each other . When I made the call that I needed a tow in never heard them again, so I am sure they have a code between the two boats for that. Just saying . Wasn't impressed.

Yep . But the day we broke down out there they went right by me chattering to each other . When I made the call that I needed a tow in never heard them again, so I am sure they have a code between the two boats for that. Just saying . Wasn't impressed.
@Way She Goes please don't put all charter captains in this category. Running a charter boat for more years than I care to remember I have towed in at least 30 to 40 boats that have broken down as well as rescuing a few that their boats sunk. I don't know any charter Captains that would purposely ignore a call for help. It is not only the right thing to do but it is illegal to ignore a distress as it does not put you in danger.

Thanks for high jacking my post. This has Nothing to do with Your Own personal issue!

@Way She Goes please don't put all charter captains in this category. Running a charter boat for more years than I care to remember I have towed in at least 30 to 40 boats that have broken down as well as rescuing a few that their boats sunk. I don't know any charter Captains that would purposely ignore a call for help. It is not only the right thing to do but it is illegal to ignore a distress as it does not put you in danger.
Not saying there all the same but when you and the coast guard put out the call for assistance. And no reply. 😡

Back