Burwell help / starting point / info share

Puddle Jumper

I am heading to Port burwell in the morning with a coworker.

Will be first trip to Burwell and having fished lake erie in 6 weeks.

Is there any specific direction to head or depth to set up in ??

Usually I head south and set up in 56 fow and troll south until we find, Mark, catch fish.

Expect to have lines in by 6 am

So if any one wants to share info on water
Pm me your cell # or vhf handle
I always take my handheld along

I would head straight out or port into 59-61 FOW then start getting lines out, we’ve always had good luck trolling towards the east then turning back around and heading west

I would head straight out or port into 59-61 FOW then start getting lines out, we’ve always had good luck trolling towards the east then turning back around and heading west
I also hear the fish are deep, set your riggers to 45’ and your dipseys on a 2 or 3 setting at 125’-135’ back

I am heading to Port burwell in the morning with a coworker.

Will be first trip to Burwell and having fished lake erie in 6 weeks.

Is there any specific direction to head or depth to set up in ??

Usually I head south and set up in 56 fow and troll south until we find, Mark, catch fish.

Expect to have lines in by 6 am

So if any one wants to share info on water
Pm me your cell # or vhf handle
I always take my handheld along
@Puddle Jumper , I would blast out to deep water, if it’s calm enough, which it looks like it should be, like 62 plus. Last 3 trips for our boat have resulted in limits, all in deeper water.. dipsys on #1 95ft (or farther) and dipsys on #3 at 150. 7,8,9,10 colour leads should also produce. Purple has been good for me, probably the best, but orange / green has been good too. Have also found that spoons / body baits that have spots/ dots on them have worked well. Hope this helps

Haven’t been out since Wednesday evening, started in 56’ and went out to 60’. Most productive seemed to be 56-58’. Dipsy diver with ring out 125’ with greasy chicken wing did the most damage for us. Will also be heading out in the morning, good luck!!

Back