Fishing Report Burwell Fri. 21, Sat. 22nd

maytagman

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Fri after supper 3 man limit. Sat same, 18 1.5 hrs. Once your a few miles off port catch them on anything, everywhere....lots of smalls, very few 3lb and over. Its like the 80,s except most are small fish.

So if it is like the 80,s you should be able to drift fish with an Erie Deary and a Worm. Whata think.

So if it is like the 80,s you should be able to drift fish with an Erie Deary and a Worm. Whata think.
I dont know, fish have been up high............we used to flat line in the 80,s(hot lips, erie dearies, bombers).......no lead core and lots of big fish. Its great to see the smaller fish and they are the best to eat.

I dont know, fish have been up high............we used to flat line in the 80,s(hot lips, erie dearies, bombers).......no lead core and lots of big fish. Its great to see the smaller fish and they are the best to eat.

Good fishing guys and I agree the smaller pics are by far tastier to eat.

I remember the 80s off Glasgow it was crazy but when I got 7 lb. walleye I thought it was a small one. LOL!

its funny.....Mystro laker and taked about ...the fact the fish are thick enough that you could probably drift and jig for them. or anchor and run a big slip float.

Where are the big 8-10 pounders I heard was in erie? So far this season biggest one is 4 lbs!

Attachments

• IMG_1474.JPG
    IMG_1474.JPG
    338 KB · Views: 26
Got an 8lb the other day. Still can wait to see a 10+ this season.

Attachments

• 20170715_174339.jpg
    20170715_174339.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 17
Where are the big 8-10 pounders I heard was in erie? So far this season biggest one is 4 lbs!
I think the big fish are still to come.....normal years the walleye fishing @ Bruce and Burwell would be just starting to get good now....with the hot fishing starting around August longweekend .....with all the rain and colder water this season...it might be a later run for the bigger fish .....I think sizes will increase over next couple weeks.

No I doubt the big fish are not somewhere. Lake Erie numbers are good and commercial got an increase for 2017.I agree the bigger fish are yet to come.

Try running baits slower and just off bottom i think you will be pleasantly surprised...mostly all my bigger eyes are caught that way...in the east anyway lol

Whenever I come to burwell I run large worm harnesses with 10" power worms. I've never caught a small walleye. I probably don't catch as many but they are usually big.
I'm coming tomorrow night to give it a go.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks