Bruce

you need to get on top of them
Go get yourself a fish finder
I fish there all the time always get lots

Drift until you start hammering them and then drop anchor

that work for me too. drift if possible until I hook a keeper. Or I cruise real slow until I mark some. Then try for 10 minutes or even less. If they don't bite in 10 then you aren't on them

Safe then sorry
But with this forecast it should be mint all day

As we speak Port Stanley buoy says the wind is 26KPH out of the NE. ????? The wind might be on the way.

We came in got choppy thinking about going to long point bay not sure how 10 km ne winds will be there anyone have an idea

When things are slow at a spot after about 10 -15 minutes I try a move to a different depth or even east to west ( the bottom changes from muck to stones etc) and sometimes you'll get lucky and drop anchor near a big school.It took me a few times to have any success. You don't have a fish finder yet but when you do make way points once you find as good spot so you can start there next time.
A lot of guys will head towards the pack and respectfully creep into wherever they can without causing a disturbance. Good Luck & enjoy!

Personally if your sinker is sticking to the bottom u will catch the odd one move till u hit hard bottom and it will make a huge diffrence

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks