Boat sunk off goderich

Update .....

I just spoke to one of the guys from the boat. They're not sure what happened. They believe the plug was in but when the noticed the water, they turned the bilge on and it couldn't keep up. They tried the motor and it stalled. At that point they knew they were going down. Thankfully all are fine

Something similar happened to me at the lighthouse. The engine block shifted due to rot and bouncing out there and opened up a hole in the boot. In my case, the bilge pump could keep up. I am not sure that was the best thing, financially.

Something similar happened to me at the lighthouse. The engine block shifted due to rot and bouncing out there and opened up a hole in the boot. In my case, the bilge pump could keep up. I am not sure that was the best thing, financially.
Lucky....or not. Lol.

I think this boat was just too low in the water...too much weight in the back then took on water.

Update .....

I just spoke to one of the guys from the boat. They're not sure what happened. They believe the plug was in but when the noticed the water, they turned the bilge on and it couldn't keep up. They tried the motor and it stalled. At that point they knew they were going down. Thankfully all are fine

Back