Boat not fixed!

Well done cmac.
You have done this before, start with the basic's and check proper settings because you never know what the guy before you has done. Good luck on the sea tomorrow.

I had similar issues with a mechanic in Sparta. Hope it's not the same guy. Got me coming a going. Never again.

Please give us an update when you can @Derkd9. Names can be named, that's not illegal i.e. not defamatory as long as you don't make stuff up, tell exactly what happened and if you have an opinion state that it is your opinion only which it would be. Telling everyone who it was that you dealt with may save some here the same experience.

I had similar issues with a mechanic in Sparta. Hope it's not the same guy. Got me coming a going. Never again.

Good chance it's the same guy..
Also got two bad reviews about the same shop from both of my Uncles
Unfortunately got those reviews a little too late.
@Bassassin please PM me
I realize it's not illegal to name names but I also don't want to be known as that guy that might Bitch about you if you're a mechanic and work on my machines!
I'm just so grateful @cmac had some time to help me out yesterday and this evening I will post how the water test works out!

Hey Derkd I suggest you focus on your fishing trip up north...this negative feed back of getting burned is absoulutely not necessary... especially when your goin on your holidays..I know when i worked hard with my career I always looked forward to going on my well earned vacation..like cmac said you learned a valuable lesson in marine mechanics..I hope you can clear your head and move on and head up north and have some fun and catch some fish(y)

Last edited:
When I read derkd9's first post on this thread, I knew right off who did this work. I have been around this business long enough to know who does what kind of work( I listen to my client's complaints then rectify the B.S.).When I met derkd9 and asked who serviced the boat, he confirmed my instincts. He further mentioned that he didn't want to bad mouth or bash the business as he was not sure that the issues were related to the work performed by this shop. As a business owner,right then and there, this mature young man gained my respect! The work was performed by a small shop, not a dealer and again, out of professional courtesy (as I use the term loosely in this case) the name of the shop will not be mentioned on this forum by derkd9 or myself.
derkd9, this is clearly a demonstration of your true character! Good on ya!!!

I hear what you are saying @Derkd9. Our community might be large in size but small in population. I think by now everyone knows who you are talking about. Sparta ain't exactly the size of T.O.

I have been dealing with Proctor Marine in Simcoe since I bought my current boat 8 years ago. I will make the drive from Selkirk for anything I need, even oil. You get what you pay for and it's nice to walk in after 6 months and the Heighintons and gang all call you by name. I highly recommend Proctor's their service is above par. They are site sponsors here too.

Good chance it's the same guy..
Also got two bad reviews about the same shop from both of my Uncles
Unfortunately got those reviews a little too late.
@Bassassin please PM me
I realize it's not illegal to name names but I also don't want to be known as that guy that might Bitch about you if you're a mechanic and work on my machines!
I'm just so grateful @cmac had some time to help me out yesterday and this evening I will post how the water test works out!
Fair enough. I had a feeling it was him. Good on ya.

yep we all know the business and the owner happens to be my neighbour...he is a decent guy for A neighbour... but I would never trust his shop to work on my boats... i knew about the mechanical problems he has caused in the past...I am very surprised he is still in business..

Sounds like a fuel problem will help you out when you get back been working on boats a long time and just around the corner from you let me know things don't always have the best timing

Wtg cmac,you made Derkd9 day/week. Been reading the story over the past few days. This board is very helpful and so are the members. One of the best boards to be part of. Enjoy your trip Derkd9 and good luck.

Boats runs beautifully now!
Thank you so much @cmac
My holiday will be great!
You're very welcome! When you get back we will address the water leak issue, in the meantime, keep a close eye on the engine temps and apply the necessary action according to what the gauge tells you. Enjoy your holidays Derkd9!!!:)
Cheers!

Boats runs beautifully now!
Thank you so much @cmac
My holiday will be great!
Where are you going up north.....maybe we can give you some tips for the lake your going to??? since you have wasted couple weeks dealing with boat instead of getting ready for trip.
Been there very frustrating...couple years back....didnt get my boat back until 10 hours before leaving for Cochrane fishing and had to pray it worked when i got there...very stressfull

I was going up for Walleye opener near Parry Sound without my boat because I too had an issue with it. She was at Proctors. I just happened to be in Dover the day before we left and had to swing over to Simcoe because my wife needed something from Wally World. I drove by Proctors and low and behold my boat was ready. Made for a better trip having my own boat and not renting a tinny that I can't spend more than an hour in before the old body gives.

You go and have a great trip Derk.

Back