Off Topic Boat launches

Sorry that I don’t have any photo’s @Derkd9 of the boat ramp’s from today at those places,because I am still looking for another I-Phone,after I lost my original I-phone last Sunday,May 16,2021,while I was trying to do a selfie with a very large pike,from inside my kayak. The large pike flipped its tail & hit my hand which was holding my I-phone,and “kerplunk” my I-phone ended up on the bottom of Long Point Bay!! 😳😭👎😡
Sounds fishy to me 😒

That’s a loss for all of us
I hope you get a new phone situation ASAP
Thanks again my friend!! 👍👍🙂 Rogers is being a “pain in the arse!!” due because of this lockdown!! I went to a couple of their facilities to talk to them about getting another I-phone,but there is never anyone there!! Even though it says on their front door that they are open from 10 a.m. till 6 p.m.!! They have lost my business & I personally will be looking elsewhere such as Costco perhaps,for my next phone.

Thanks again my friend!! 👍👍🙂 Rogers is being a “pain in the arse!!” due because of this lockdown!! I went to a couple of their facilities to talk to them about getting another I-phone,but there is never anyone there!! Even though it says on their front door that they are open from 10 a.m. till 6 p.m.!! They have lost my business & I personally will be looking elsewhere such as Costco perhaps,for my next phone.
I’m with Rogers
But I absolutely hate dealing with them

@Red Hering , sorry about the lost phone. Must have been a huuuuge pike. At least you are left with a good fish story.
All my fish are huuuuge @stomp lol 😂🤣😉 and thanks for your support my friend.Losing my phone last Sunday,May 16/21 was terrible! But hopefully, I will be posting photo’s again soon like always,once I get another phone. 🚤🎣🐟😉👍😎

Port Stanley 5 o’clock this afternoon , liquor store lined up, beach was packed but you will not get covid launching a boat, lol

Sorry that I don’t have any photo’s @Derkd9 of the boat ramp’s from today at those places,because I am still looking for another I-Phone,after I lost my original I-phone last Sunday,May 16,2021,while I was trying to do a selfie with a very large pike,from inside my kayak. The large pike flipped its tail & hit my hand which was holding my I-phone,and “kerplunk” my I-phone ended up on the bottom of Long Point Bay!! 😳😭👎😡

Sad!! I lost my phone glasses and rod a few yrs back at pt Bruce in 50 ft .it was July so dove in got all back took battery out of cell and let sit in sun for rest of the day then in rice for a couple days all good lol

Sad!! I lost my phone glasses and rod a few yrs back at pt Bruce in 50 ft .it was July so dove in got all back took battery out of cell and let sit in sun for rest of the day then in rice for a couple days all good lol
I didn't know you were also part of the Diving Team @Bouk49ers ! When I dove into the "D" , I had my kangaroo pouch open on my sweater with car keys, phone, and wallet, hat and sunglasses on... didn't lose a damn thing, plus I grabbed the dropped fishing rod before it sunk... but I was younger then...

@Red Hering I'm really sorry you lost your phone and even moreso on how you lost your phone.

Please don't take this as piling on. Maybe add one of these when you replace it.

Rogue Fishing Phone Tether

I'm having charging issues with my current phone and if I fork out for another one I'll be adding one of these or something similar for the water.

Last edited:
@Red Hering I'm really sorry you lost your phone and even moreso on how you lost your phone.

Please don't take this as piling on. Maybe add one of these when you replace it.

Rogue Fishing Phone Tether

I'm having charging issues with my current phone and if I fork out for another one I'll be adding one of these or something similar for the water.
Thanks @hvyhaul for that information.After I lost my phone out of my kayak last Sunday,May 16/21,I thought to myself,there must be a way that if a phone did end up in a lake like mine did,or a river,it would be nice to have a floating cover around the phone & grab it quickly,before being in the water too long. I love your idea a lot better,and thanks so much for the information again that you send me,and it is very much appreciated.I will be ordering one of those today.I hope to be back in my boat soon,because I was told yesterday when I dropped in at the marine mechanics shop,that my boat could be done this friday or saturday.Have a amazing day my friend & Cheers!! 🚤🎣🐟👍😎

Attachments

• 0888B5E5-75A9-4D6E-BE92-633972F342AA.jpeg
    0888B5E5-75A9-4D6E-BE92-633972F342AA.jpeg
    297.9 KB · Views: 6
You dove into 50 feet of water @Bouk49ers ?? I am glad that you ended up getting your phone back & it still worked afterwards. Cheers 👍😎

Well i was in 50 ft of water ..but only had too dive down 15 ft or soo and everything was fluttering in slow motion thank god lol
Now I understand @Bouk49ers on what you are saying.👍😀 When my I-phone dropped in around only 10 feet of water and disappeared in the thick weeds last Sunday,I almost went in instantly to retrieve it from my kayak.If I would of done that,my kayak would of floated away from me in the breeze that morning & I then would of been in more serious trouble such as perhaps me drowning.My instinct kicked in
& said,”stay in the kayak!!” which I am
glad that I did!! Phones are replaceable,but someones live is not!! Be Safe everyone & Tight Lines!! 🛶🚤🎣🐟👍😎

You will need to have Mrs @Red Hering tie your new phone to your sleeve like your mittens so the new one doesn't go for a swim 🤳

Back