Bluff Pike Sunday Morning

Three Bouys

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Went for a run this morning for some pike with the big boat after being dry docked all day yesterday with all the rain and wind we had.

Got out there set up only two lines and made a run down inside picking up 2 nice 5-8 lb'ers. Released both of them for another day. Got all the way down inside the bar and could see rain coming really fast and it hit us hard with hail mixed in it. The shoreline was hardly visible and the Bluff Co. was a no show. There was another bass boat out there also so I didn't feel that crazy for going out there:D

After getting my fix of pike fishing made the decision to call it quits and came in. The ride back in was a little bumpy but with the tabs down it was still an enjoyable ride.

Hey three buoys, love your posts and pictures. I am considering making the trip from London on Saturday, but am not overly familiar with the bay. Where would you recommend i launch from to fish the Bluff Bar, and it appears you troll more than cast? Any tips appreciated, thanks!

Reactions: Rex
I'd love to get out to the bluffs this weekend from London as well, perhaps Sunday or Monday. I've never been further out then the inner bay. We did fairly well pike fishing the inner bay in the past as well. Looking for the last outing before we put the boat away.

Back