Bankes 17' Freedom vs Duck Water Ocean 17'

MichaelLudwig

Personally I would love to buy the Bankes, but I just can't find where the Bankes package is worth $6,500.00 more than the Duck Water package? Does anyone have insights on either or both boats that could shed some light on the subject?

"Ohh .. bother" said Pooh, as he chambers another round.

That one is easy... Go ride in both...put up the blinds...put your gear including a 100 decoys....Get in and out of them both from the marsh....Compared the same motor that actually puts them on plane.

Then the difference won't be anywhere near $6500 and you will be firm in your own mind which one you want.

Oh...and if you want to sell them for some reason....Which one will actually sell.

Gar

I Personally like the DWB better. Hopefully within the next couple years my brother and I can purchase the 17' ocean series. Custom seats, shelving, curtains. Question is, Mud Buddy 7000 or 70-75hp outboard???

Shoot straight, Eat Fresh

Hello Guys,

I like both boats for different reasons.

Michael ... I just received your e-mail and I have responded to it.

Juiceboxjeffy ... simple choice ... open water as in the Long Point Outer Bay, Lake Erie or Atlantic Coast go with an outboard but for shallow water as in the Long Point Inner Bay go with the Mud Buddy.

Jerome

Actually Jerome, Steve has a solution to the mud buddy ... they have a jackplate that they highly recommend installing. Lets you run a lot shallower than you would normally with a bigger outboard.

Michael.

"Ohh .. bother" said Pooh, as he chambers another round.

Jerome, I would use the boat for the inner bay when it's a little to rough to get the 14' tracker and 27 long shaft mudbuddy out to rice bay etc. But I would also use it for diver hunting and pulling a layout but if the Mud Buddy 7000 has some decent power I think it would be my choice, I don't need to race out there I have no prob getting up earlier etc.
Tough call..lots of time to think about it, can't afford this rig anytime soon anyways. I'm sure we will go with a 70-75hp outboard in the end, just be nice to know how the 7000 would handle on the 17' ocean.

Shoot straight, Eat Fresh

Hello Michael and Juiceboxjeffy,

Michael ... I know about the "jack plate" ... a device that raises and lowers the outboard motor ... no thanks.

Juiceboxjeffy ... I think that you should call Clint at Mud Buddy to discuss this ... the 70-75 would be great for real "open water" but the Mud Buddy would be better for anything inside as well as outside the Inner Bay.

Jerome

PS I was out on Lake Ontario (New York State side) in a Drone 15 duck boat (former name of the Ocean 15 duck boat) with a Mud Buddy 37 HP and it performed well in the "open water".

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks