Bancroft

Probably around 7 lb range.....i usually bànk on lb per inch on fish over 23" = 3lb

It was within 3 oz on all our walleye in the spring ....so my guess is 27.5 " fish = 7 1/4-73/4 lb

Either way it's a real nice fish

Reactions: N8r
Fishing at Baptise this week its awful surface temp 80 F group of 8 only caught less than 10 fish in 3 days.

Ok...now that we're done fishing for the week, we are on baptiste lake as well, right beside sweet dream cottages...two of us fishing managed 3 keeper walleye, plus the one pictured above which I released, 5 pike of varying sizes, a few small largemouth, too many rock bass, and a perch.

From sweet dreams troll the shore all the way to dog bay...once you get into 40 feet of water in dog bay, turn around and do it again. We only fished from 530am till 8am and then 715pm to 9pm. Walleyes and pike were caught on fire tiger Wally divers (smallest ones) and jointed fire tiger rapalas. Bass were caught on chartreuse/silver ripplin redfins.

Surface temps are in the mid to high 70s as was posted above.

Good luck

the hot spot for was before you entered into Elephant Lake
many pike(nothing over 4#)
8 largemouth(biggest 4#)
2 walleye
8 crappie(they were slabs)never saw crappie so big
overall not great fishing but still better than work lol

the hot spot for was before you entered into Elephant Lake
many pike(nothing over 4#)
8 largemouth(biggest 4#)
2 walleye
8 crappie(they were slabs)never saw crappie so big
overall not great fishing but still better than work lol
We tried to get to elephant lake, but the 3 feet of water and stumps scared me enough to stick to baptiste. If I didn’t have a fibreglass boat I probably would have tried it.

Found a way through if you are facing direction of Elephant lake stick to shore line on left side 14 fow must be old river bed if you go up middle 3 fow stumps and logs same on right side with only cabin in lake shallow.

I thought fishing was terrible found our fish in Hamilton Bay and Grassy Bay fishing mid lake looking for isolated weeds group of 8 people only got around 40 pike,bass,walleye.Best part of trip all 4 boats were linked up in Hamilton Bay talking and we got buzzed by to military C 130 airplanes at first it looked from our angle plane was in trouble and was going to hit trees but they were out having fun put a good scare into us.Thought it was the end of my new boat.

Back