Aug 19 - Burwell

ch312

hit the lake solo yesterday around 630 am for my first serious outing for pickerel. dropped first lines in 59 fow after marking tons of fish and had 3 in the box within a couple hours. trolled out to 61-62 fow where i boxed another pic along with a few nice perch and a couple white perch (i think?) that hit 4-5" lures. lost the big fish of the day about 20ft from the boat thanks to my dipsy not releasing.

then it went dead so i went straight south to 64 fow where i boxed another pic before ending the day with a 28" that crossed lines with my other rigger. i felt weight on the other line so i quickly untwisted the lines and started to reel in. ended up with a twin 28" that i released after reviving for a few minutes.

10 color took 1 - blue/silver redfin
dipsey took 1 and lost huge fish on it - fire tiger j-11
rigger down 40 took 2 - blue/silver and black/gold redfins
rigger within 6ft of bottom took last 3 with same redfins

i'll post a pic later tonight :D

i'm new to this, but why on earth did i hear 4-5 times people telling another boat to get away from them or they were going to get tangled? seeing as it's such a massive space and the fish are scattered, this didn't make sense to me[?]

edit: forgot to add that i was off the water by 2pm

pics_aug19.jpg

with 10 colour out, that is a lot of line out and you will get all messed up if another boat comes to close to your long lines.

Blastr

Back