anyone getting birds at the lake

ship wrecked

well its been a slow start to the season for me 7 birds in two trips 2 guys. hardly see any birds where we hunt don't hear much shooting anywhere.so how is it in your neck of the bay? oh ya on sat there was a guy hunting TP by marina i got 3 of your decoys message me.

Friday at the Unit was slow...morn and night....not a lot of birds shot or seen. However Saturday was good shoot with most blinds getting a few birds and a few limits as well. A variety of birds were shot. Mallards, woodies, teal, wigeons, pintails as well as a few shovellers, red heads and ringnecks.

Lots of shooting Saturday afternoon in between the thunder storms, hail, gusts of wind and a visit from the c.o.'s. Widgeons, red heads, mallards and a shoveller.

Hunted the morning, it was alright, ducks seemed to fly inbetween the downpours....we got wideons, teals, a redhead and a ringneck

so how was the unit wed ?had a report the some new birds came in this week to the bay ..but not any mallards

Most hunters got birds Wed...a lot of wigeons...redheads....woodies...few mallards etc a number of geese and the first canvasback (nice bird) was brought in.
Hunters were reporting a large number of birds going to both feeders at dusk.

sat was not great again 4 birds should have had 6 but you know the damn gun missed them mallards first ones i have shot at this season. seen more birds a first light but still no numbers at TP. soon :)

Last edited:
Hunted the south side of the bay today and managed 2 canvasbacks, 1 black, 2 bluebills and a shoveler. What birds were flying had no issues coming in to check out the decoys. Still waiting on the big rafts of divers.

Well tried a different spot today got 8 hunted sun up till 11 still no real numbers out there lots of guys out. SOON ?

There's a lot of wigeon around. We decoyed some low flying bluebills in the inner marsh Friday, which was a bit odd. Seems to be a bit of everything around right now though. Still haven't seen any numbers of mallards in the fields and sloughs sloughs I hunt in November, so I suppose everything is on schedule still.

Well saturday wasn't good again 2 birds put it was nice to be out on the lake..so how was your shoots on saturday

Attachments

• IMG_0908 (1).JPG
    IMG_0908 (1).JPG
    363.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0910.JPG
    IMG_0910.JPG
    427.9 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Anybody having any luck on Monday? Ill be out tomorrow, hoping for some luck but ship wrecked is right be nice to break up the work week with some nature at its best!

It's a very strange year to say the least. Normally you can't keep the buffleheads outta the decoys, this year I've seen 1 bufflehead in 3 trips out on the lake. Last weekend was a very tough go for most from what I seen at the unit. This cold weather coming should help.

Therese a waterfowl page on facebook and guys up in sudbury are still waiting for the migration

Last edited:
The birds definitely know things we don't.

Don't want to rush the mallards down early. I've noticed over the years that when they push down early, we freeze up early.

Hunted the north shore of the bay got 1 duck and 4 wanna be ducks not much flying .She was a rough ride for sure getting around the TP bar seen lots of ruddy's on the way in..So anyone have some luck ?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks