Any perch around in Erie

I'm new to fishing Erie is there any good perch fishing this time of year in Erie. If so where. Appreciate the help

I had good luck in Long Point Bay one Easter weekend right out in front of Aker's. Now, I'm sure it was a warmer spring than is this one.

You never hear of lake reports this time of year. Not sure where they are but they have to be somewhere. Curious if anyone has ever tried Port Bruce, Burwell, Stanley, Hastings this time of year?

I was in fish first week in May last year. there is still a lot of floating ice on the lake here. I don't know what Burwell is like but not fishable here yet.

BD

This is for eastern lake Erie

"Special ice warning in effect.Open water east of Long Point Bay. Elsewhere, 5 tenths of rotten very
thick lake ice except 9 to 10 tenths of rotten very thick lake ice
over the extreme eastern section. Unusual presence of ice over the
lake."

I just looked out and there is still loads of floating ice here today.

I was at Port Glasgow yesterday and I see no ice whatsoever in the lake as far as the horizon. Everything must have blown to the east. I was dipping for emerald shiners and there's lots in around the docks. One guy actually brought up a pike about 6 lbs. in his dip net, that was good for some thrashing around on the dock. :)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks