Any Nanticoke Reports?

pickerelpete

Has anyone heard of any action (perch or pickerel) in the Nanticoke area? Looking to get out this week and would prefer close to home.

In the hot summer months I always marked schools of fish near the Nanticoke Reef. As soon as the winds and my free time coincide, I am going to try for perch out there. It would make sense that they would hang out near some structure but who knows until you try.

they are getting fish out of mainland saw some pictures this past weekend, as for nanticoke havent heard much from my guys at home as of yet . but if there at maitland they got to be out at the elbow is my guess.

@Finally Fishing i looked all over the schaol in may and nothing out there, the problem with the schaol is that it is pure smooth bottom as opposed to places like hastings and crystal beach where there is sandy and or gravel beds . this is my take on them ,but i would try on the outside of the schoal in 55ftw as i am told they can be there . 2 years i still haven't been able to figure out this , but if i ever do i will let you all know .

they are getting fish out of mainland saw some pictures this past weekend, as for nanticoke havent heard much from my guys at home as of yet . but if there at maitland they got to be out at the elbow is my guess.

@Finally Fishing i looked all over the schaol in may and nothing out there, the problem with the schaol is that it is pure smooth bottom as opposed to places like hastings and crystal beach where there is sandy and or gravel beds . this is my take on them ,but i would try on the outside of the schoal in 55ftw as i am told they can be there . 2 years i still haven't been able to figure out this , but if i ever do i will let you all know .

Weather was perfect for a Elbow troll last night, covered 45-90 FOW. It was a ghost town out there lol, screen was blank, didn't mark any bait, and only marked the odd small fish. Surface temps were between 57-59F. But, I didn't get skunked, caught a little 5lb rainbow that has now made its way to the smoker, trolled for 4 hrs and called it a night. Still, it was nice to get out on Erie, much closer drive then Lake O, and we had the whole lake to ourselves. Hopefully a couple more weeks of warm weather will bring the bait and good fish around.
Fishing the 444 next weekend, i know theres walleye down at the Eastern end :)

thanks @Jwalsh was just going to ask if anybody's been out there , need just a couple more degrees im thinking and some movement on the bait out of the shallower water . sounds like just as i get home it will be perfect on the 24th of june , arriving 640 pm to YYZ, in nanticoke by 12:00 am as i got some running around to do. boat in the water 25th afternoon. fishing by 3 pm on the 25th im hoping lol. sure glad the girlfriend doesn't read this forum. :doctor::doctor::doctor::doctor:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks