Off Topic Aluminum epoxy weld.

Thirstystone

Site Sponsor
R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Does anyone know where I can get something like J-B Aluminum Weld in Larger Quantities than in those tubes?

Depending on what you're trying to fix. another great option is 3M "5200" comes in tubes for caulking gun. It's extremely good stuff. Very impressive stuff. There's no going back once you use it though. it's "forever". lol. Comes in black or white.

That's what I would suggest. Deacon is the king of epoxies. But it all depends on the application. Heat is not good for certain epoxies.

Halton automotive in Milton can order in large tubes of JB weld. I swear by JB weld.

I split the right side case on my YZ450f. JB welded it and it held out the life of the bike while I had it

From CarQuest ..... Proform PF 704
5ml tube resin
5ml tube hardener

Its meant for flexibile bumpers but its like Franks redhot sauce.
I put that shit on everything!

Waterproof and withstands impact and vibration,
I think the last kit was 25 to 30 bucks

I have put more info on what I am trying to do on my original post...

I remember a terrible story of a guy that had a swinging keel in his sail boat. Fastener that brought the keel up and down failed after years. No problem, pulled it out of the water and then a fork truck and sling to lift stern for repair. All good until put back in water and noticed that the weight at just the stern had split the sailboat in the middle...... instant scrap.

I haven’t worked on aluminum boats enough to have the best answer, I am more into fibreglass stuff.

My guess is the experts here will have good ideas on best material and where and how to apply (e.g. within the seam and replace rivets, or outside, inside etc). I bet a photo would help too.

Depending on what you're trying to fix. another great option is 3M "5200" comes in tubes for caulking gun. It's extremely good stuff. Very impressive stuff. There's no going back once you use it though. it's "forever". lol. Comes in black or white.
Does forever mean it fixes the leak or once you put it on or you can;t get it off... 😊

Back