Off Topic Aftermarket power tilt

Mfisch2003

Anyone have experience with a aftermarket power tilt. Looking at Panther model 55 and CMC pt-35. Wondering if anyone has used either and has any issues or like it. Would you recommend one over the other. Thanks.

I got a CMC 35 for my father in law for a 20hp Merc. It works well. Getting the installation height correct is critical. For a tiller application it will put the handle further back but was not an issue for my application but is a consideration. Installed a foot style switch on the floor for the trim. Did I mention the installation height is critical lol.

I got a CMC 35 for my father in law for a 20hp Merc. It works well. Getting the installation height correct is critical. For a tiller application it will put the handle further back but was not an issue for my application but is a consideration. Installed a foot style switch on the floor for the trim. Did I mention the installation height is critical lol.
Installation height important as in you can’t change it after? Prop should be below the bottom of boat? It will be for a kicker to the side of main motor. No tiller so that won’t be a issue. Also did you purchase it locally?

Purchased it off this site actually. My application was for the main engine on a 15’ aluminum. Installation heigh is not as critical for a kicker application as it will not be responsible for getting the boat on plane.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks