Ace first 20 hr trip north for moose

Thanks !
Daughter 3rd moose and her first buck last year
We moose hunt 9 guys 7 kids. A couple grand dads in group so it’s a great trip
We laugh now as us old boys. ( all in the 45-50 year old ) that our shooting days are over Yes the kids love it and all have got a moose now but 2 that are not yet fully licensed

Attachments

• 0AD7BAEF-6786-456E-A5AA-7B0FBDC415F4.jpeg
    0AD7BAEF-6786-456E-A5AA-7B0FBDC415F4.jpeg
    315.2 KB · Views: 58
Thanks !
Daughter 3rd moose and her first buck last year
We moose hunt 9 guys 7 kids. A couple grand dads in group so it’s a great trip
We laugh now as us old boys. ( all in the 45-50 year old ) that our shooting days are over Yes the kids love it and all have got a moose now but 2 that are not yet fully licensed
That's awesome to hear that the kids almost outnumber the adults as these days that's not too common unfortunately. Congrats to you, your group and especially the kids on a great successful hunt with hopefully many to come and also to all the adults for getting them involved in such a great sport!!

thanks. Yes great group of guys and kids have a blast.
This year was not as fun as opp had a blitz on. 3 in our camp caught on. Highway over weight with 1/2 tons pulling 4 atv s ( yes varying scales in cars now ) and they drove 15mins in logging road to our camp 5x . Don’t mind getting checked but that far in the bush was a bit overkill. Young ones couldn’t atv on there own as they do at home and my daughter actually pulled over on bike no questions asked take breathalyzer .. all good checked hunting card then gone
Took a lot of fun out of trip

Way home a bit overkill also. Cochran had huge check point. Opp - Mto - Mof then Mnr
They seem to want to stop moose hunting and southwestern people from going up and spending $$ and having fun
Used to the mnr in checking witch I have no problem with but last 2 years have been bad and them an show. For at least 4 years now seems opp taking over all

Last edited:
I experienced the same thing this year north of thunder bay, got pulled over said was a ride program, but zero locals got stopped, we were there for 45 minutes, he called the ministry cause we had 4 grouse. 2 cops cars a 2 ministry officers going over everything just trying to find something to give us a ticket for, we had everything we needed. Defiantly was over kill. Talked to my friend that is a local and he said they really give the southern people hard times.
Next year we will drive way back in to our camping spot and not come out so don't have the hassel, and spend no money locally.
Asked all 4 of us if we were hiding grouse, we had 4 in the truck, could of had 20 and 60 in our possession.

I’m same area A bit south of Armstrong
Yes was brutal. Guy came in with his wife on a new side by side to say a cow was close by. They were pulled over 4 x by same 2 opp .
Buddy sent this. We are in video They race in you see plywood shed then talk about guys hunting there. 30 years and kids and a couple daughters. They actually went by camp one night about 15 minutes farther to lake access road hiding in a cut waiting for us to come off lake for 2hrs. Pulled our kids over getting water found out we weren’t hunting that night and left
This is not a link just screen shot
3 in our camp got $300 plus fines over weight. Asked that cop what happens then. Ticket drive away. Money grab !

Attachments

• E47F8E50-0A7A-445B-9877-25F3CF969066.jpeg
    E47F8E50-0A7A-445B-9877-25F3CF969066.jpeg
    248.3 KB · Views: 40
You here the cop say a guy actually knew. Him. Yes he did ! His daughter was driving there fully enclosed kubota last year he was hiding same spot 25 mins in bush. 11 year old driving ( she actually drives a full size excavator loading truck at home ) They were just out for a drive no guns stoped to get water. Her dad and uncle had a beer.
Ride back to camp in cruiser. 3 helmet fines 2. Open liquor. Her first trip

I almost got charged for hunting with this on. If had 4 birds you better have 4spent shells or littering fine and if helmet on get off bike to get a bird put orange hat on or fine also.
I painted a our 2 helmets 5 years ago lol

Attachments

• 5B12748D-8F00-4E08-A06F-4150B98DA2CC.jpeg
    5B12748D-8F00-4E08-A06F-4150B98DA2CC.jpeg
    207.9 KB · Views: 10
Yep we keep all our empty shells for that reason, heard they were fining for it.
Plus the legs on the grouse heard they fined for that, so we tried to make chicken wings with them, wasn't worth the propane to heat the oil. Hardly any meat, and just not good. Maybe a better option at home but when in a tent 30 kms in the bush we don't have many options

They definitely don’t want us up there or moose hunting buy sounds of things !
I put orange helmet coat rain paints on took a mug of coffee too go for a drive kill a couple hours
No gun no shells not even a knife as we had 3 out of 6 moose and quit so kids could have fishing derby and my daughter an me had limit of birds:
There mind I was hunting. Took DL. OC ownership insurance to run. Said not enough orange on coat
Went to car to call mnr to verify as I took all orange off asked them to put name badge # on all on as I’d gladly come back to fight
Both went to car Return said you are free to go walked away
Not sure what is the issues up there except land claims

Jimmy Walsh congrats to your daughter, but poor deer looks like it's front left leg is broken.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks