Off Topic A little too cold for smoking brisket

It was good but Iacking "the bark". I have 2 growing boys in my bubble and they weren't complaining about no smoke ring. We didn't get the great price you got at Zehrs @hvyhaul .

I'm experimenting this round. I bought a bottle of Liquid Hickory Smoke to play with the flavour.

Getting ready to trim and rub 'er down for tomorrow.

psoven.jpg

Do you leave the skin on the pork shoulder hvyhaul? I picked up a 19.5lbs shoulder @ the Real Canadian Superstore for $0.74/lbs a few weeks ago and had it on the smoker for about 18 hrs. Got a few meals out of that one. I saw brisket going for $3.98/lbs today @ the superstore.

Do you leave the skin on the pork shoulder hvyhaul? I picked up a 19.5lbs shoulder @ the Real Canadian Superstore for $0.74/lbs a few weeks ago and had it on the smoker for about 18 hrs. Got a few meals out of that one. I saw brisket going for $3.98/lbs today @ the superstore.

No @Hooked on Ice I remove the skin and due to cooking in the oven I removed more fat than usual.

Here it is trimmed and rubbed, going back in the fridge overnight, and then an early start come morning.

rbd.jpg

I'll be able to control the cook better in the oven than on the WSM so looking forward to Super Bowl Pulled Pork. :giggle:🤗😬

Looks good! Mine has been having its 5 day long vac seal marinade in the fridge and will be going in to the Bradley at 6am! Lucky for me I have the perfect spot for it that's already smokey (wood boiler shed) so its a great spot to do my winter time smoking! Everyone enjoy their game day munchies!!!

I'm experimenting this round. I bought a bottle of Liquid Hickory Smoke to play with the flavour.
A word of advice on the Liquid Smoke. I used it all the time in industry and still do, especially when I do ribs. It's VERY strong. You don't need to use very much of it to get the desired result. I usually only use at most 5 drops in the marinade I soak them in before cooking them. I cook them in the oven in a roaster with 1-2 litres of Apple Juice depending on how many racks I'm cooking, and into the AJ I put another 3 drops of the LHS. I usually finish them on the BBQ.

That looks darn good tho!! whats the rub?
@Jow... from @Mrs. Stomp...
  • 2 Tablespoons Chili Powder
  • 2 Tablespoons Salt
  • 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
  • 1 Tablespoon Onion Powder
  • 1 Tablespoon Black Pepper
  • 1 Tablespoon Sugar
  • Optional: 2 teaspoons dry mustard
"Other rubs have cumin and spices with more complex flavors – this one is for those who prefer simple bold taste in their meat."

Hey @stomp how did you deal side effects with cooking a brisket inside?

I have driven everyone (4) in the house including me, nutz with the smell of cooking a spice rubbed pork shoulder butt all day long.

I didn't realize how powerful the smell would be in an enclosed space. :unsure::oops::banghead::banghead:

192 so almost done. Shooting a little high as the probe read about 10 high at start of cook.

You guys made me hungry for something fancy with your posts , so I made my wife one of her favorite, rosted whole duck with crispy roasted potatoes and red cabbage

Attachments

• 20210207_163757.jpg
    20210207_163757.jpg
    330.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 20210207_171239.jpg
    20210207_171239.jpg
    428.7 KB · Views: 29
  • 20210207_171933.jpg
    20210207_171933.jpg
    579.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 20210207_172110.jpg
    20210207_172110.jpg
    406.4 KB · Views: 35
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks