A lifestyle change, maybe, any recommended boating forums out there?

@stomp you would make a good agent. I love the boat and I haven't even seen it, yet.......

I'm thinking about selling my fishing rig and getting into something much larger and gently used, probably something with all the bells and whistles maybe even an aft cabin. 28' plus. I was thinking seriously about a nice cuddy but for a few bucks more you can get into something much larger. It looks like it's the first 25' that costs you. There sure are many deals out there compared to 8 years ago. Many, many reasons I may make this move.

I know many here have boats and was wondering if there is a good boating forum that I will learn from before I spend some hard earned money and make a lifestyle change. I will have to sell our waterfront property to do so probably unless I spend less than 50K. We've been thinking about moving inland as these winters on the water are getting to me, big time. We've been lucky these past few winters but normally we never know if we can get out after a storm. We have a place south I rent out for the year as the wife still works full time, if it's something she can do were looking at staying the summers and fall on the boat then going south when she decides to retire in no less than 8 years. No sense going from one waterfront deck to go to a different one for the day or weekend.

I have friends over the years that got into it and lasted 2 seasons, some after 30 years are still there.

Anyone done the same thing? Thoughts?

Thanks

Johnny D
carnival cruise can get you into a boat , advertised now for $ 35.00 a day. Many different sizes to choose from. Only drawback is, I dont think they would let you steer.

I get it, that's a good one. I don't know about Carnival though. A niece worked for them on the entertainment crew for a season. She actually told some scary stories like leaving port with a small fire onboard so as not to be late. Some scary stuff for sure. Safety apparently far below the priority list. Keeping crew members was tough for them according to Jen.

@stomp you would make a good agent. I love the boat and I haven't even seen it, yet.......
Just call 'em like I see 'em @WhatsthePoint . I wouldn't want to live on anything that floats, but I could, and, more importantly, my wife could, spend a lot of time on a boat like the one owned by @Three Bouys. I, for many years, drove and owned a glass boat built in the early 80's. You just can't compare how that boat ran to how this boat gets out of the hole and cruises (and my old boat had 230hp). Now if Jimmy had of gotten me out for another pike trip, I would write more :cool:. It's looking too cold and windy @Three Bouys ; maybe just about time to call it a season.

@stomp I couldn't live on board full time on the water. With these old broken down bones and joints here on the lake is tough enough. I think I'd loose it living 4 feet from my next door neighbour, what if we don't get along? I guess it's easier to move a boat than a house.

Unbelievable the technology and comforts in these things today. I really never looked closely at them before now, it's remarkable what's offered for the price, although not cheap they sure have value compared to some motor homes out there, and those don't float well, for long anyway. The motor homes aren't exactly cheap to run. Then you have to park them for the night somewhere and I pay less for a room sometimes for the night. How in hell did I start about motor homes, bedtime?

@stomp did you lose your day job or are you going through Bluff Pike withdrawals:ROFLMAO: We could get out for a season grand finale. We could make a run, wind finder says WSW @26 km Gusts to 28km. The ride out will be a roller coaster ride but it won't be the same coming back:cry::nailbiting: We might have to dig out our back braces.
We aren't dry docked yet until the ice comes in. We can use the boys boat and fish the weed beds around EC10 for some pike. It won't be same but they are there. Besides, you still have an excuse to tell Mrs. Stomp that you need your cooler bad:sneaky::sneaky:

Jim

Nope, still have the day job (for now), but am always in Bluff Pike withdrawal. However, not too anxious to do it in the cold and especially the wind - back can't take it, even on a comfort machine like your boat. I'll come and get that cooler bag on blue bird day.

PM me with a few pics if you can @Thirtystone with some details, a price would be good to know too. My email is all frigged up right now. Have I ever mentioned I love Windows8RT? But its probably me not the program.

How do I P.M. you?

Attachments

• 100_0926 (640x480).jpg
    100_0926 (640x480).jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 100_0927 (640x480).jpg
    100_0927 (640x480).jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 100_0928 (640x480).jpg
    100_0928 (640x480).jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 21
I'm thinking about selling my fishing rig and getting into something much larger and gently used, probably something with all the bells and whistles maybe even an aft cabin. 28' plus. I was thinking seriously about a nice cuddy but for a few bucks more you can get into something much larger. It looks like it's the first 25' that costs you. There sure are many deals out there compared to 8 years ago. Many, many reasons I may make this move.

I know many here have boats and was wondering if there is a good boating forum that I will learn from before I spend some hard earned money and make a lifestyle change. I will have to sell our waterfront property to do so probably unless I spend less than 50K. We've been thinking about moving inland as these winters on the water are getting to me, big time. We've been lucky these past few winters but normally we never know if we can get out after a storm. We have a place south I rent out for the year as the wife still works full time, if it's something she can do were looking at staying the summers and fall on the boat then going south when she decides to retire in no less than 8 years. No sense going from one waterfront deck to go to a different one for the day or weekend.

I have friends over the years that got into it and lasted 2 seasons, some after 30 years are still there.

Anyone done the same thing? Thoughts?

Thanks

Johnny D

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks