A friendly hello!

j_corr

Some what new to the area and will be my first full waterfowl season around the marsh. Thought I would appropriate to introduce myself as I may see some of you guys this year.

Been waterfowling for many many years now. I used to be very heavy into the field hunting but as some guys on the forum know, life happens and I had the hang up the calls for a few years. As a result I couldn't make the commitment to my old group and now just fill in from time to time.

The past few years I just been hunting small water holes I had gained permission for over the past few years. I try to get out through week as some of the spots have been getting more pressure over the years.

Enjoy the pics!

The permeate blind is a little tight but hides well!

Looks like some nice spots that snow and ice looks refreshing after this long hot spell
nice pic

I'm the same. I work continental shifts, hunt week days, and take most of my vacation in the fall. The nice thing about the marsh is you can just go and hunt.....there's usually birds around. I still feild hunt but the scouting involved was easy before kids. Now not so much.

good to see another duck hunter in our area...stop in and check out the waterfowl unit at long point this fall

nice looking spots ..norfolk ?

No sir, long ways away from there!

I'm the same. I work continental shifts, hunt week days, and take most of my vacation in the fall. The nice thing about the marsh is you can just go and hunt.....there's usually birds around. I still feild hunt but the scouting involved was easy before kids. Now not so much.

Agreed, life happens but we make the best of it.

good to see another duck hunter in our area...stop in and check out the waterfowl unit at long point this fall

I plan on being there a bit this fall. I currently only have access to a canoe and two feet and a heart beat. Will be tough hunting with that alone LOL

Also a few more spread pics and a few of my hauls from last fall/winter. I usually hunt solo but when you see 1,000+ ducks hitting a tiny spot it is hard not to invite a few buddies:

The unit has a few walk outs. I had some luck in there with just a dozen dekes some lunch and a couple boxes of shells. Waders are a must of course. 10615337_10152865392666318_4926570878533121446_n.jpg Got my first Gadwall there last year. I mostly solo hunt too no boat no canoe.

If. Anyone needs to canoe I have 4 I rent ou for 25 bucks bucks day. I'm I St.Willi so 10 minute from my point.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks