7 inches off Booth's

@19bk85 Yup talked to Brad this a.m. he told me $50/person.. Red
Red..... I was down Thurs & talked with someone who said operators were gona start pulling huts out Sat... I have 2 Eskimo quickfish3 ice huts for sale.. only been used a couple of times...3 man huts..1 still in the box... they have 2 doors ,,4 windows,, 2 vents,, screws to hold down hut to the ice...a pouch for carrying hut... they are $399.99 at CT.. I will sell 1 for $250.00 & other for $225.00...

Saturday Dec. 30; Lots of action early this AM off St Williams. There's not as much snow on the ice as I had said earlier, a couple more inches last night, so walking isn't that hard. Both of the St William's outfitters have Rental Huts out. Lots of other tents and huts going out. The steep, narrow road down to lake is no parking. There is some parking at the top of the hill at side of the road and the farmer there usually has parking in his field. There is a retired copper ,not sure of spelling on his name , worked hard to get quads allowed on that road all the way to St Williams. So you could park by the fire hall or community center, unload there and drive out on the ice from there. There is a time restriction 'till 6 PM. I will say it's prudent to be legal as the yogis and OPP are very much so. Hope this helps.

Glad the hard water season is here and earlier than other years! I was on the ice at 8am with a small lunch feed of perch lol. Great day on the ice though!! Lots of sleds and atv's out there...i measured 7-8" of solid ice at both of my spots...only a few soft spots to the west from in front of Booths that I saw. All in all a great day on the ice20171230_082012.jpg20171230_083446.jpg

Last edited:
Finally got rid of the itch, also had a small feed of perch very slow fishing lots of people, bigest perch 9" i went out with Grangers this am they also have minnows ice was 8" location was straight out maybe half klm.
All in all great morning then the winds picked up lol
Watched a couple wrestle there porta shack before they could get a anchor in ?
Play safe
Jim

Saturday Dec. 30; Lots of action early this AM off St Williams. There's not as much snow on the ice as I had said earlier, a couple more inches last night, so walking isn't that hard. Both of the St William's outfitters have Rental Huts out. Lots of other tents and huts going out. The steep, narrow road down to lake is no parking. There is some parking at the top of the hill at side of the road and the farmer there usually has parking in his field. There is a retired copper ,not sure of spelling on his name , worked hard to get quads allowed on that road all the way to St Williams. So you could park by the fire hall or community center, unload there and drive out on the ice from there. There is a time restriction 'till 6 PM. I will say it's prudent to be legal as the yogis and OPP are very much so. Hope this helps.
Excellent information @Larry Lloyd & Thanks!! It looks “Busy” there at St Williams,and I will wait till these Holidays are over.But it is also nice to see,that the Ice Fishing is back for now,after a couple of year’s of poor Ice Conditions on Long Point Bay.I and likely a lot of other Angler’s like your post’s and update’s,and Please keep them coming.All the Best,and A Happy New Year in 2018!!

Last edited:
Looks like it's gonna be a better year ice fishing here than the last while. For those not familiar with Ice fishing outa St Williams Here are some Picts. I took yesterday. Huts on first day
Eaglelasthunt 1st fish 019.JPGEaglelasthunt 1st fish 020.JPGEaglelasthunt 1st fish 022.JPG
Looking North to St Williams from Front Rd.

Looking south from Front Rd. down to the Bay past the parking.
Eaglelasthunt 1st fish 023.JPG

Parking here and in field but not set up yesterday

Eaglelasthunt 1st fish 024.JPG

Hill with no parking and check stop on left.
Eaglelasthunt 1st fish 025.JPG

Operators’ huts and sleds

Eaglelasthunt 1st fish 027.JPGEaglelasthunt 1st fish 028.JPG

Huts on ice (yo Jumbo wind did come up)

Eaglelasthunt 1st fish 029.JPGEaglelasthunt 1st fish 030.JPG

Nice report Larry thanks for the parking info, nice pics your first pic I'm going to say you are lake front on bee st. I don't know why they call my street Lakeview when you can hardly see the lake lol

Yes nice pictures & report Larry...its a nice reminder of good ol St. Williams the way it use to be during a good winter time of ice fishin...My parents lived on Bayview and Aunt & uncle on Bee St. ...we use to run our snowmobiles across the field and head down the hill stop for minnows and out on the ice...it was Howes for the longest time then bought out by proppers and lipsits sat there for operators back then...all was good fishin...

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks