444 tourney

Outcast

Well , the 25th anniversary was less then a perfect event for the great people that run this. Friday was cancelled due to high winds and thunderstorms, Saturday started off a little bumpy from the $hit on Friday and ended in a 30 knot blow and 6-7 footers. Sunday was also cancelled due to high winds and reported 3 meter waves. Almost 40 boats blanked and the numbers that did come in were less then impressive . Congrats to the guys that actually managed to get their 4 fish box. The highlight every year is the shotgun start

Yup, that looks about right. You have to fish waves if your going to fish Erie.

I was not in the tournament but was fishing near Mohawk Island and saw the armada heading west from Port Colborne after the shotgun start. Looked like the English channel on D-day with all of he boats pounding into the waves. I was skunked but it helps knowing that a lot pros and experienced fisherman did not do much better. Lots of fish on the sonar but they just were not biting.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks