12 tags equals 12 deer to butcher today!

rcfire77

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
The Ole Krauter line hunt camp did it again! Another great season of the boys, food and lots of drinks. Plus all the problems of the fire hall/police station and the world was solved!

Attachments

• IMG_3664.jpeg
    IMG_3664.jpeg
    459.6 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_3650.jpeg
    IMG_3650.jpeg
    475.2 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_3648.jpeg
    IMG_3648.jpeg
    323.2 KB · Views: 123
The crew over the years

Attachments

• d34350eb-578d-4b93-a7bb-39e800638117.jpeg
    d34350eb-578d-4b93-a7bb-39e800638117.jpeg
    158.6 KB · Views: 87
We hunt 85b where I live. Yes the December controlled hunt

It’s all been cut and wrapped and everybody went home an hour ago. I love my brothers but now that the week is over I am gonna be a hermit til the new year.

I like to butcher my own also..I do a better job than the shops because I can take my time to cut loins, chops, steaks from the round, sirloin, roasts from the sirloin tip, round, rolled neck roasts, small stuff like flat irons, etc vs just "deer roast, deer steak" that most commercial cutters give you.
I did this one at home..3 hrs hanging to cut and wrapped..the other deer the 2 guys wanted cut at a shop...$155....so there is a lot of savings to do it youreself.

deer2023.jpg
deer2023b.jpg

I like to butcher my own also..I do a better job than the shops because I can take my time to cut loins, chops, steaks from the round, sirloin, roasts from the sirloin tip, round, rolled neck roasts, small stuff like flat irons, etc vs just "deer roast, deer steak" that most commercial cutters give you.
I did this one at home..3 hrs hanging to cut and wrapped..the other deer the 2 guys wanted cut at a shop...$155....so there is a lot of savings to do it youreself.

View attachment 82566
View attachment 82567
When I get a place with an area to do it
I am going to learn so I can do it like that 👍

When I get a place with an area to do it
I am going to learn so I can do it like that 👍
When I lived in town I used to hang/butcher deer from a step ladder in the yard. Kind of hard if you don't have a yard but definitely don't need a shop to butcher your own deer. Now I've got a shop but I still just hang my deer from a tree... rather have blood dripping on the lawn than in my shop!

When I lived in town I used to hang/butcher deer from a step ladder in the yard. Kind of hard if you don't have a yard but definitely don't need a shop to butcher your own deer. Now I've got a shop but I still just hang my deer from a tree... rather have blood dripping on the lawn than in my shop!
Do you hang them up in the front yard to bleed them out?

I used the kids swing set. I know at least one neihbour wasn't impressed. A wood fence went up in the spring. Best fence ever.

I used the kids swing set. I know at least one neihbour wasn't impressed. A wood fence went up in the spring. Best fence ever.
Sounds like a win-win. Got the deer butchered and offended the easily offendable! I wonder if the type of people who find dead animals offensive know that the things they buy at the grocery store are dead animals...

Sounds like a win-win. Got the deer butchered and offended the easily offendable! I wonder if the type of people who find dead animals offensive know that the things they buy at the grocery store are dead animals...
A friend of mine shared a post with me from a Facebook group of a Doe dead on a fence.. must of tried to jump and disemboweled itself… anyways that post was reported and removed so fast I never got to see it. Anywho if people everywhere are offended as easily as the people who are in the St Thomas group the world is doomed… like I don’t think I’ll make it to old age without being thrown in prison for farting drinking a beer smoking a joint and frying up some pickerel and venison back strap

I have a 8x12 walk in cooler with 9ft ceilings for hanging deer. We butchered all ours in 6 hours last Sunday. That’s cut, trimmed, wrapped and labelled. If anyone is desperately looking to do one just DM and then bring it on up. Case of beer or some forty creek should take care of it.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks