Congrats! Nice catch.... just wondering if anyone else that has kept fish outta there has noticed small black specs throughout the fish in the fillets ,, I have noticed that a couple times and not sure if it is a type of parasite or something. Any suggestions?

How thick was the ice at deer creek? Heard reports it has been a little sketchy?

Nice work!
The spots you see on the fish is black spot disease. It is passed on to fish from fish eating bird droppings in the water. This is in turn passed on to fish that feed on small insects and snails. These fish are safe to eat if cooked properly. The good news is it is not caused by poor water quality.

Frank

Fished a little over 3hrs this morning, it was a pretty steady bite.
i did some research on deer creek years ago it used to be a dump for farmers all kinds of barrels where crunched anddumped in north end covered up later to be under water the name of some of these poisions are hard to spell from sucker control to tobacco moth control fertilizer soooooooooooo I only catch release there now also Waterford ponds north pond we call it received the same treatment catch and relese there only cant imagine what the results are from all this crap Waterford ponds was clued into me by a tobacco farmer if you don't belive me ill put you in touch with him

Back