โ„๏ธ Winter โ„๏ธ ๐ŸŽฃ you have been ๐Ÿคฉ FUN!! ๐Ÿคฉ BUT!! Itโ€™s time for you to leave NOW!! lol ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚

Red Hering

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Winter,my 4th favourite season,(Fall is my favourite),was a great time again,especially when I did a few ice fishing tripโ€™s recently in February & March,on long point bay. ๐ŸŽฃ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚ But, I was not too happy to see the snow this morning piled up again,especially on my boat,after I just recently cleaned it out,and I was anticipating my first trip somewhere on the open water,such as either on long point bay,or even on Lake Erie,Huron,etc. My other watercraft,( a recent Christmas ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ…/ Birthday ๐ŸŽ‚ gift) which is a โ€œsoloโ€ canoe/kayak hybrid,is standing by,for some crappieโ€™s & maybe pike fishing as well,somewhere in the channelโ€™s of long point bay,once the channelโ€™s are thawed out again from this very recent โ€œblastโ€ of ๐Ÿฅถ winter!!๐Ÿฅถ Fingerโ€™s crossed ๐Ÿคž ๐Ÿคž myself and likely others as well,will be out boating again soon,whenever this winter ever decides to leave!! Be Safe & tight lines everyone & see you on the water!! ๐Ÿšค๐ŸŽฃ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐Ÿ˜‰ My boat ๐Ÿšค has now been cleaned off again from the recent snow โ„๏ธ โ„๏ธ &
a โ€œThumbโ€™s UP!! ๐Ÿšค๐ŸŽฃ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚

Attachments

• 660C2CD7-4775-4BD7-885C-3C219DAD3818.jpeg
    660C2CD7-4775-4BD7-885C-3C219DAD3818.jpeg
    310.9 KB · Views: 36
  • 2DE8C0D7-50B3-405D-96CF-99A35B55B6CE.jpeg
    2DE8C0D7-50B3-405D-96CF-99A35B55B6CE.jpeg
    485.2 KB · Views: 28
  • B8D8201F-A75E-4FCF-9D99-90CDA08E36BF.jpeg
    B8D8201F-A75E-4FCF-9D99-90CDA08E36BF.jpeg
    345.7 KB · Views: 26
  • BCB2DBE3-E8B8-4A0C-B492-A797B60D52C1.jpeg
    BCB2DBE3-E8B8-4A0C-B492-A797B60D52C1.jpeg
    419.4 KB · Views: 30
  • 72D5ADC8-C9FA-4B19-927A-8615B6DA82E7.jpeg
    72D5ADC8-C9FA-4B19-927A-8615B6DA82E7.jpeg
    291.9 KB · Views: 38
  • F08AE708-5052-4CCC-91DC-062DABC7E9C2.jpeg
    F08AE708-5052-4CCC-91DC-062DABC7E9C2.jpeg
    343.8 KB · Views: 37
I agree 100%.:mad:

Yesterday looking at the pool I said, "I'll be able to pump it off tomorrow (today). :unsure::giggle:

Nope, not a chance. :oops::eek::banghead:

Icing on the cake, not happy with what I pay Rodgers, so went to the mall in this crappy weather to "discuss" my concerns.

Well that didn't go well. LOL

I need to get this Season going. LOL ๐ŸŒป

I agree 100%.:mad:

Yesterday looking at the pool I said, "I'll be able to pump it off tomorrow (today). :unsure::giggle:

Nope, not a chance. :oops::eek::banghead:

Icing on the cake, not happy with what I pay Rodgers, so went to the mall in this crappy weather to "discuss" my concerns.

I need to get this Season going. LOL ๐ŸŒป
Agree of course as mentioned @hvyhaul lets get this Season going & the sooner the better!! ๐Ÿšค๐ŸŽฃ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŒป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚

Iโ€™m ready to move on from the winter also. Went to the ponds today and fished in the crazy wind and blizzards. No luck for me. Iโ€™m ready to get the yak out for some crappie.

I hear ya HH. My wife and I decided to get rid of Bell (and our satellite tv through Shaw) because our internet didn't work more than it did (they came to the house 5x to "fix" the issue, told us each time it wouldn't happen again, even went so far as to install a new jack specifically for the internet, and nope 3 hours later it wasn't working again. That was it. We went to Rogers, they even gave us a brand new 42" smart tv for free as part of the promotion for new customers ($1200 tv at the time that we replaced in November when it started to have back light bleed big time, that tv only lasted for 4 years) for switching to them. Phone, internet and tv. Paid them the rate they told us for the 2 year term and when that 2 years had gone by suddenly the bill went up by over $120/month. So I called them to find out WTF was going on. They explained what had happened, and after a little discussion we decided to go from what we had when we signed up with Rogers to Rogers Ignite, and I'm paying slightly less now than I was paying prior to the initial term expiring for the same channels and services.

They sent me a promo offer to sign up Disney + and get it for a year for free so when I called and asked about it, it turns out that in order for us to do that and take advantage of that offer, we'd have to change our service package. Rogers CS rep told me if we wanted the Disney + channel it would be cheaper for us to just add it al a carte and pay the $12/month it costs to add it. We decided against it. Turns out that IF we had decided to do that, we'd be paying $60/month more than I'm paying now because the tv package and equipment we have, internet services, and phone services have all gone up substantially in price since we signed up for Ignite and because we haven't changed anything since we originally signed up 5+ years ago now, our rate is grandfathered.....but if we make any substantial changes to our services that would require them to change the service package to what is currently offered to new customers at a higher billing rate, we'd have to pay the new higher rate.

Bell keeps telling me I can upgrade my cell phone to a newer, smarter cell phone. I could, but why would I do that when doing so would mean I'd have to change my service package and that would cost me considerably more than what I'm paying now. I don't need a computer in my pocket everywhere I go. I don't have data, I don't use it to connect to the internet. It's a phone, and other than the camera feature it has, that is all I use it for so as I keep saying to Bell, why would I want to change and lose the current billing rate just so they could get more $ out of me when it's unnecessary for me to make that change. They hate that logic, but they understand why I refuse to do what THEY want me to do. ;)

Iโ€™m ready to move on from the winter also. Went to the ponds today and fished in the crazy wind and blizzards. No luck for me. Iโ€™m ready to get the yak out for some crappie.
At least you got out fishing @Tyler0420 as we talked about before,I will contact you when I will be going for some crappieโ€™s out of my yak,and those crappieโ€™s will be in trouble,once we both show up with our yakโ€™s!! lol ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† Tight lines & hopefully,โ€crappieโ€™s ON!!โ€ ๐Ÿ›ถ ๐Ÿ›ถ๐ŸŽฃ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚

At least you got out fishing @Tyler0420 as we talked about before,I will contact you when I will be going for some crappieโ€™s out of my yak,and those crappieโ€™s will be in trouble,once we both show up with our yakโ€™s!! lol ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† Tight lines & hopefully,โ€crappieโ€™s ON!!โ€ ๐Ÿ›ถ ๐Ÿ›ถ๐ŸŽฃ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚
Just finished my fish finder install on my yak. Those suspended crappie have no chance now :)

Just finished my fish finder install on my yak. Those suspended crappie have no chance now :)
Congrats on your first install,@Tyler0420 ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ I will be in touch, for the possibility of our next good looking day to be out with our kayakโ€™s,for some crappie fishing soon. Tight lines & crappieโ€™s ON!! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚

Agree @Red Hering... winter take a hike! ๐Ÿ˜ž

Without even saying a word a Winchester can a powerful deterrent. When they hear the back door open followed by that unmistakable metallic โ€œchk chkโ€ sound of the chamber closing on a pump shotgun they know they are in deep DU DU! ๐Ÿคช

LOL, no @Wave Runner , the camera reports snow blowing across camera as a person, even the tarp moving enough will trigger a person alert.

Nice and sensitive. ๐Ÿ˜

I'm just pissed waking up to another snow day in late March. ๐ŸŒป

LOL, no @Wave Runner , the camera reports snow blowing across camera as a person, even the tarp moving enough will trigger a person alert.

Nice and sensitive. ๐Ÿ˜

I'm just pissed waking up to another snow day in late March. ๐ŸŒป
Well you can always send the same message to "Oldman Winter." Maybe it will help. LOL!!! ๐Ÿ˜‰

I am being optimistic now that the winter will be over,because I just had my snow tires removed from my truck this morning,a appointment that I had made 2 weeks ago. But,I almost did cancel my appointment for this morning,because of the snowfall that we had received overnight & they are calling for more snow being forecasted for the whole day,and they are right,because it has been snowing steadily here in London so far for today. Fingerโ€™s crossed ๐Ÿคž ๐Ÿคž that todays snowfall is the last one!! ๐Ÿšค๐Ÿ›ถ๐ŸŽฃ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚

Last edited:
I am being optimistic now that the winter will be over,because I just had my snow tires removed from my truck this morning,a appointment that I had made 2 weeks ago. But,I almost did cancel my appointment for this morning,because of the snowfall that we had received overnight & they are calling for more snow being forecasted for the whole day,and they are right,because it has been snowing steadily here in London so far for today. Fingerโ€™s crossed ๐Ÿคž ๐Ÿคž that todays snowfall is the last one!! ๐Ÿšค๐Ÿ›ถ๐ŸŽฃ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚
We never take the winter tires off until closer to me ending my hibernation mid to late next month or in early May. Usually once the temps and forecast stay at or above +7 consistently is when we'll get it done, along with the oil change.

As for the snow we got yesterday and today, Env Can said it was coming, and it has. I have made the executive decision that I am NOT going to shovel the damn stuff this time, nor am I going to drag out the blower to deal with it, not when the forecast is calling for +3 tomorrow, +6 on Wednesday with a potential for snow and or rain, and +14 on Thursday with rain. Mother nature is going to take care of it for me so why kill my already hurting back, hips and shoulders (caused by this damn constantly changing, mother nature can't make up her mind what season it is, weather) when I don't have too.

But the sooner mother nature kicks old man winter out until they reconcile in 8 or 9 months, the better. I'm almost out of fish in the freezer now and starting to stir a little while not quite ready to "wake up," from my hibernation, and although I haven't yet looked at any of my gear, I have started watching a few Saturday morning fishin shows on TV. ;):ROFLMAO:

We never take the winter tires off until closer to me ending my hibernation mid to late next month or in early May. Usually once the temps and forecast stay at or above +7 consistently is when we'll get it done, along with the oil change.

As for the snow we got yesterday and today, Env Can said it was coming, and it has. I have made the executive decision that I am NOT going to shovel the damn stuff this time, nor am I going to drag out the blower to deal with it, not when the forecast is calling for +3 tomorrow, +6 on Wednesday with a potential for snow and or rain, and +14 on Thursday with rain. Mother nature is going to take care of it for me so why kill my already hurting back, hips and shoulders (caused by this damn constantly changing, mother nature can't make up her mind what season it is, weather) when I don't have too.

But the sooner mother nature kicks old man winter out until they reconcile in 8 or 9 months, the better. I'm almost out of fish in the freezer now and starting to stir a little while not quite ready to "wake up," from my hibernation, and although I haven't yet looked at any of my gear, I have started watching a few Saturday morning fishin shows on TV. ;):ROFLMAO:
@Trevor M I have a couple of fishing trips planned within the next week or so,and one of those fishing tripโ€™s is in and around the Pt. Edward area,fishing for rainbowโ€™s & coho salmon ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ and the less that I travel on my snow tires on the 400 series highwayโ€™s,the better. That pavement can heat up quite fast anywhere above 0 degrees,and by me traveling anywhere from 100 to 120 kilometres/hour,it will wear my snow tires out faster. I am trying to make my snow tires last at least another couple of winterโ€™s. If I was only driving in around town,no problem then, I would leave my snow tires on much longer,something like what you are doing. Good to know that you are starting to watch some fishing showโ€™s,(something that I havenโ€™t done for yearโ€™s), and I am looking forward to be out there fishing occasionally on the pier again with you,and perch ON!! my friend & hopefully soon!! ๐ŸŽฃ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Ž

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks