“Gassing Up!!” with an X-Large Black McCafe!! ☕️ 🎣🐟👍😎

Red Hering

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
I thought about going to the Woodstock Fishing & Hunting Show today,but I think that going walleye fishing instead today, would be much cheaper,then spending money at the Woodstock Show!! I usually don’t fish on weekends,whether it’s on a river,or on a lake,such as Lake Erie,especially during the summer months. Too busy for my liking,for this “retired” individual!! McDonald’s this time was my first place to stop for a coffee ☕️,on my travels to my walleye spot for this afternoon,to try my luck again,like yesterday afternoon,( photo of walleye ), for me to try to catch another Thames River walleye or two. It is crazy packed this afternoon out here anywhere on the Thames River with walleye angler’s everywhere,but why not,for the weather is perfect!! Tight lines to all,and walleye’s ON!! 🎣🐟👍😎

Attachments

• IMG_3263.jpeg
    IMG_3263.jpeg
    246.4 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_3255.jpeg
    IMG_3255.jpeg
    345.5 KB · Views: 45
Woodstock was good..and yes, a little expensive but not bad......

View attachment 84868 .
Nicely done!! @DaveJ 👊 and if I wasn’t downsizing my own fishing tackle,like I had done previously,( me being one of the vendor’s there ), at the Port Rowan & Aylmer Fishing & Hunting Show’s a couple of weeks ago, I would of have made the trip to Woodstock today. So far walleye fishing right now is not costing me anything,except for the coffee ☕️. lol 🤣 😉 Tight lines to All!! 👍😎

Attachments

• IMG_3270.jpeg
    IMG_3270.jpeg
    590.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I thought about going to the Woodstock Fishing & Hunting Show today,but I think that going walleye fishing instead today, would be much cheaper,then spending money at the Woodstock Show!! I usually don’t fish on weekends,whether it’s on a river,or on a lake,such as Lake Erie,especially during the summer months. Too busy for my liking,for this “retired” individual!! McDonald’s this time was my first place to stop for a coffee ☕️,on my travels to my walleye spot for this afternoon,to try my luck again,like yesterday afternoon,( photo of walleye ), for me to try to catch another Thames River walleye or two. It is crazy packed this afternoon out here anywhere on the Thames River with walleye angler’s everywhere,but why not,for the weather is perfect!! Tight lines to all,and walleye’s ON!! 🎣🐟👍😎
Well, I and everyone else around me that was walleye fishing this afternoon,didn’t catch any walleye’s,which was strange,considering that yesterday there were a few walleye’s caught. It was a great pleasure to meet @Redneck 77 and his son as well this afternoon,and I am sure that we will meet up again,especially out on Lake Erie this summer for walleye’s & trout. Tundra swans 🦢 🦢were flying overhead again this afternoon,
View attachment IMG_3264.mov
and again,that is a great sign that Spring has finally arrived. Tight lines & walleye’s on,to anyone that is fishing for the Thames River walleye’s. 🎣🐟🐟👍😎

Attachments

• IMG_3272.jpeg
    IMG_3272.jpeg
    444.3 KB · Views: 9
🤣🤣😉👍😎
@Red Hering... Do you mean this gassing up. ;):p

lol 😝 @Wave Runner !! 🤣🤣 NO!! not that type of gassing up!! But this kind of “gassing up,” I was doing last Saturday,while I was in your area,after I had finished walleye fishing by the Highway #76
Bridge,near West Lorne. There was “NO Trespassing” there as well!! 🎣😡 But,at this moment, I am “gassing up” again, X-Large Black McCafe,while I am trying my luck for the Thames River walleye’s again,on the beautiful looking Monday,March 4,2024. 🎣🐟🤞 👍😎
View attachment IMG_3226.mov

Attachments

• IMG_3230.jpeg
    IMG_3230.jpeg
    185.7 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3225.jpeg
    IMG_3225.jpeg
    776.8 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3290.jpeg
    IMG_3290.jpeg
    502.6 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Well, I and everyone else around me that was walleye fishing this afternoon,didn’t catch any walleye’s,which was strange,considering that yesterday there were a few walleye’s caught. It was a great pleasure to meet @Redneck 77 and his son as well this afternoon,and I am sure that we will meet up again,especially out on Lake Erie this summer for walleye’s & trout. Tundra swans 🦢 🦢were flying overhead again this afternoon,
View attachment 84874
and again,that is a great sign that Spring has finally arrived. Tight lines & walleye’s on,to anyone that is fishing for the Thames River walleye’s. 🎣🐟🐟👍😎
Red by the looks of that tree in the background you must not have gottin donuts this morning.lol

I hit the river at Komoka for the 1st time yesterday. Walked downstream and hit a few holes. Nothing but a few suckers for me. A few eyes had been caught but general consensus was slow. River looked good so better days ahead.

What was shocking to me was the amount of garbage..everything from Tims coffee cups to bait containers to bottles to old clothing. I dont know whats wrong with people...just take your trash home. No wonder why we see no trespassing signs.

I hit the river at Komoka for the 1st time yesterday. Walked downstream and hit a few holes. Nothing but a few suckers for me. A few eyes had been caught but general consensus was slow. River looked good so better days ahead.

What was shocking to me was the amount of garbage..everything from Tims coffee cups to bait containers to bottles to old clothing. I dont know whats wrong with people...just take your trash home. No wonder why we see no trespassing signs.
Yes,the walleye fishing was slow yesterday @DaveJ and I had to fish hard for them,but Monday was much better for catching walleye’s,if an angler knew where to go to catch them there. About the garbage there,it is disgusting to see,and even though there is a garbage bag hanging there off a tree branch around the location I think that you are talking about,there is still garbage of all kinds as you had described,laying around!! Thank goodness for a walleye sanctuary coming up soon,for this will hopefully eliminate some of the problems of more trash being tossed around!! I will be cleaning up some of this garbage when the walleye sanctuary starts,because Earth Day or the Thames River cleanup is still a ways away for cleaning up!!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks