Search results

1. L

Cinnamonn teal

Yep, send the band in, they will etch it (and you will get the band back)! see below "If you find a bird band with one or more numbers worn off (or if the band number is struck with shot) mail it to the Bird Banding Laboratory to be etched. The number can be retrieved successfully in most...
  2. L

still no birds...and still no ducks dec 15/12

Also, for those that wonder about us 'biologists' and do not know who I am, I'm a duck hunter. It pretty much defines who I am. My experiences duck hunting with my father are why I pursued a career in waterfowl and wetland ecology and management. Although my work tends to always try to take me...
  3. L

Agreed, drove around on Wednesday morning and the number of mallards seemed to have increased substantially (at least from what I could see from Front Rd and the Causeway). Same thing this morning. I'm not sure how much this was birds looking for open water as skim ice formed on all the shallow...
  4. L

Jello, our statement was for our southern US folks that follow our Weekly Dabbling Duck Migration forecast; the forecasts were previously hosted on the Mississippi State University web page and the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks web page and we have presented results of...
  5. L

1939 Louisiana Duck Video

Passed along to me by a colleague, I thought all would enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zpk1wxBp9GE&feature=youtu.be Michael L. Schummer Scientist Long Point Waterfowl learn more at www.longpointwaterfowl.org & visit us on Facebook under Long Point Waterfowl
  6. L

Dabbling Duck Migration Forecasts

The "Frankenstorm" Dabbling Duck Migration forecast for this week is up on the Long Point Waterfowl Facebook page and our web page http://longpointwaterfowl.org/migration-forecast/ We should get some birds (especially diving ducks) from the west as the Canadian Prairies (and north) start to...
  7. L

Too much work, but yes a few times out, very slow this year so far. Michael L. Schummer Scientist Long Point Waterfowl learn more at www.longpointwaterfowl.org & visit us on Facebook under Long Point Waterfowl
  8. L

Throughout autumn and winter 2012/13, Long Point Waterfowl will be posting weekly dabbling duck migration forecasts for the Mississippi and Atlantic Flyways. The weekly migration forecasts will be updated each Monday morning and are the only science-based migration forecasts available online...
  9. L

Camo Day - Saturday, Sept 8th

It was a great day out on the marsh today working on the blinds, it certainly seems the kids will have a good number of ducks around for Heritage Day. Good luck to those heading out with the kids next weekend, have a safe and enjoyable time out there...they are the next generation of wetlands...
  10. L

Goose Survey

Folks, The OFAH, in cooperation with the Canadian Wildlife Service and the Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources, will be conducting a hunter preference poll from late August into early September for individuals that hunt geese in the Southern Hunting District in Ontario. Results from the poll...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks