Off Topic Long Point Bay water is disappearing

Great pictures Jim

With the lowered water, I maybe be lucky enough to find a set of my friends lost keys in front of our boat house

Lake levels were ideal at Port Stanley for a surfin' safari. A bunch of surfers were cutting some waves.

WR

Attachments

• 20211211_150532.jpg
    20211211_150532.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 141
It all came into Port Dover .Both piers were under water

How long was it before the water came back up Jimmy
@Blastr the picture of the Old Cut channel was taken at 4:00 pm and still dropping. The next picture was my lower section of my deck which was under water and was almost at its peak of rising which was approx 7” off the ground taken at 8:00 pm.
1D0CBF6D-E06B-4A11-B467-28A2F174BEC1.jpeg

This picture was taken at 8:25 pm looking west down Erie Blvd. That floating object is someone’s small deck at the end of Old Cut Blvd and Erie Blvd.
BD656C8B-BFD7-46CF-9A4B-414EC13862D6.jpeg
The last picture is the former Posts Marina. If anyone has ever launched there, they would know where the launch is and along side of it is the service boat well taken at 9:54 pm which it has already dropped a good 20” or more.
B1226055-236B-48A0-BEEC-5BA99DF5E2EC.jpegSunday morning on my neighbour’s shed the red arrow is showing how high the water level came1DD47E56-BA63-4DB2-A8C7-485ECB6F6DF8.jpeg
Then I was off to the Old Cut Livery to see how it survived. Ray and Amie were in Florida during all this but I was in contact with them since it started Saturday. One of their picnic tables came up missing, an ice chest and 2 of his minnows tanks had floated across the channel. Myself and Bailey that works for Ray Amie had George and Kyle to come over with his boat to float the items back to the boat launch. I had backed my trailer down the launch to float the items on it so we could get them out
3E72AE14-3B4A-4C0D-874A-87D8CD66072E.jpeg
So that’s how my weekend went for being at the cottage and even got into bare hand pike catching😂😂
Would I do it again???? Absolutely👍👍

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks