Recent content by mrozborn

1. M

Kicker mounting ??

My mounting system is a front one, attaching to the kicker under the tiller handle. I'm not impressed with the setup, there's little O-rings on top of the swivel ball under the coupling. If I have to take the rod off every time I use the main it's not gonna be long before they're gone. Going to...
  2. M

Kicker mounting ??

It looks like the kicker is skewed a little to starboard which is what I was thinking. I thought it would compensate for the mount being off center. Thanks for the pic.
  3. M

Kicker mounting ??

I posted a while back about needing help with a kicker. I have a 16.5' Lund with a 60 HP. After reading all the responses I decided and purchased a 6 HP Suzuki. I also built a device similar to I-troll so I can remotely control the throttle. This is the first time I've had/installed a kicker...
  4. M

Trailer couplers

Hide an "Airtag" in the boat. That way you can hunt them down.
  5. M

Detroit river

I'm pretty sure YEARS ago some species had possession limits that were double the daily limit.
  6. M

HELP .. I need a kick!

Thanks for the info & pictures Porkpie. I was thinking the "front" type, never seen one connecting like the 2nd pic, looks "awkward".
  7. M

HELP .. I need a kick!

What do you mean? Don't they all connect at the back with the main steering? I've never done this so I'm asking all kinds of questions.
  8. M

HELP .. I need a kick!

Well I've made a decision with help from everyone here who replied. I'm buying a brand new Suzuki 6 HP manual weighing just 55lbs. I'm going to tie it into my mains for steering and because iTroll & Trollmaster don't make anything for Suzuki under 9.9HP I'm going to make my own speed...
  9. M

HELP .. I need a kick!

Have you tried this? My understanding is you don't get much charging done at low revs unless you have a special alternator. I think just running out and back for 30 minutes each way would keep the main charged, but it's worth looking into. You can't have too many options for charging! Do you...
  10. M

HELP .. I need a kick!

All the talk about the 2 stroke. Is it for weight savings, fuel efficiency or reliability? have an inboard gas tank so I'm gonna go 4 stroke unless there is a VERY good reason not to.
  11. M

HELP .. I need a kick!

With all the extra gear on board I'm gonna need a bigger boat 😎 thanks for the reply
  12. M

HELP .. I need a kick!

THANKS, everyone for the feedback. It seems that although electric would be handy it may not be reliable enough to get back into port. Old Cut, you're correct, my priority is safety first. Also, it seems that if I can get remote controls it would be better as some have mentioned speed control...
  13. M

HELP .. I need a kick!

Gary, I'm very interested in discussing this. I'm not sure how to PM here so why not drop me a line mrozborn@gmail.com
  14. M

HELP .. I need a kick!

I'm thinking of finally getting a secondary means of propulsion on my fishing boat. It's a 16'8" Lund Explorer SS and I have a 2005 60HP Yamaha on the back. I keep it in good running condition as it's my only means of power on the water. I fish Erie and am often out 10 to 12 miles, most times by...
  15. M

Cayo co co Cuba fishing . Should have stayed longer! Next year 2 weeks!

Thanks for the reply. I've heard about this place and the cost seems reasonable. Is that a picture of you shore fishing? Catch anything? Definitely putting this place on my list. cheers mike
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks