Recent content by dave524

1. D

Blue Wing Teal ?

Yet the Greenwings will stay till almost freeze up, strange
  2. D

Walleye or Pickeral, here it is

They have been Walleye since 1933 , so my dad was correct calling them pickerel when he was born. https://ontariowalleyefishing.com/ontario-walleye-biology-fishing-resource/
  3. D

Grouse

I hunted grouse around the St Williams Forestry Station mid 70's to early 80's. My partner and I would hear a flush probably at least every 10 minutes, seeing them and hitting them was another matter but I did get a limit of 5 a few times. There was 1 C.O. that was really into it as well, he...
  4. D

Another oddball duck to add to the list

I remember Fred Skuse who worked at the Management Unit at the park in the mid 70's, called them " CNR Ducks " cause you needed a freight train to pull the feathers off, guess they were a tough pluck.
  5. D

Pickerel vs Walleye: Setting the Record Straight

The name Walleye didn't come into use until 1933 when a think tank of biologists came up with it to stop the confusion of the many common names that were in use. So, at 70 years, my dad and grandpa grew up with the name Yellow Pickerel and I carried on not knowing any different. Even as late as...
  6. D

Advice on Walleye release???

People release Walleye :ROFLMAO: what next ? catch and release perch fishing
  7. D

No WFN

Still getting WFN on the " Made In Canada IPTV " add on for kodi and it's free :) http://koditips.com/made-in-canada-kodi-iptv-addon/
  8. D

Coyote hunting, yes or no?

I don't know about it having any effect on the population but I hope y'all continue to hunt them , Too many have lost their fear of man .
  9. D

How High's the Water Moma!!!

It has very little to do with rain , it's the wind that does that.
  10. D

Consumer Alert!!!!!

$480 a lb is about right when you figure gas, bait, the price of the boat, insurance , upkeep, repairs, did I say tackle ??
  11. D

Any snake experts on the board?

I'm leaning towards Fox Snake as well, handled a few big ones as park naturalist at the Provincial Park back in the mid 70's, but none since. As the previous poster said the markings are too well defined for a Water Snake.
  12. D

BASS LENGTH TO WEIGHT CONVERSION CHARTS ( IN-FISHERMAN)

I always found 18" was a 3 lber , 20 inches was a good 4 lbs and an pound a inch after that.
  13. D

Port Bruce Walleye

Bring your spoons down to Port Colborne or Point Abino and at the end of the day you will have very clean spoons and a clean cooler, worms rule in the east.
  14. D

Seniors To Pay To Fish?

86 was not that long ago , before that we needed no licence. Yes the fund were never supposed to go general revenue but fisheries management...
  15. D

Avian pox

This disease was very common in the House Finches at my bird feeders 10 -15 years ago, but I have not seen any of it the last few years.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks