Recent content by Buckhorn

1. Buckhorn

pottahawk effect on the elbow?

Looking to get out for a few hours sat morning for some walleye. I was thinking the elbow, but I heard the pottahawk piss-up is Saturday. Will that craziness effect fishing at the elbow? what about boat ramps in the area? I assume turkey point is out of the question, other ramp? I was also...
  2. Buckhorn

Happy Easter Monday everyone.

Thanks Old Cut Marina for the morning inspiration lake views! it does make going to work tough now though.
  3. 1681122984687.png

1681122984687.png

4. Buckhorn

Off Topic Merc smartcraft

with the age of the motor, i was wondering if having access to more data might help identify potential problems earlier (temperatures, pressure, etc). if there is no tangible benefit - other than troll control (which i can drop a sock overboard to accomplish), then i will spend my money...
  5. Buckhorn

NMEA - my bad not NEMA. that would be my 'money is no object' choice. I didn't realize I would need to change the fuel sending unit also for the SC1000 option. I wonder if that would be needed for the mobile option as well? See - great info on this site from great guys!
  6. Buckhorn

Ya, that's what I'm hearing from some shops, but Merc website says 2004 and newer. I do have the purple connector they mention, but will need to verify before purchasing. just looking for feedback on options if it turns out it can be done. BPS said i can buy the vesselview mobile and return it...
  7. Buckhorn

Looking for feedback on Mercury engine monitoring options. I have a 2005 90 HP 4-stroke and I think (got conflicting views based on Serial#) it should be compatible with Mercury's different engine data options. As far as I can tell, my options are: 1) vesselview mobile mounted in the engine...
  8. Buckhorn

New electronics

That's a hard no on the 'live' imaging options (for now anyway). If I want to see fish swimming, I'll drop a camera. It's cool technology, don't get me wrong, but a little too much for me.
  9. Buckhorn

New electronics

Thanks for all the stories. I'm a little surprised that nobody has posted that they regularly use the side/down imaging. Forgot about Bills Bait in Hamilton, thx FF, I drive through there everyday. My wife said if I can wait till June - she will add Birthday and fathers day money to pot. maybe...
  10. Buckhorn

New electronics

I'm trying not to focus on the brand because everyone has a preference. Once I determine the features and size I want/can afford, I plan on getting some screen time in at bass pro and others to determine what brand feels right to me by going through the menus, etc
  11. Buckhorn

New electronics

That's a good point about how it fits on the dash. Currently my 5" humminbird 597 fits nicely between the speedo and tack, but anything bigger would hide one of those or interfere with the windshield (although, the speedo is pretty useless). I could mount it beside the throttle arm on a ram...
  12. Buckhorn

New electronics

Anyone know if Jos at angling outfitters is doing a fish finder 101 class in the near future? Grimsby tackle does seminars sometimes also.
  13. Buckhorn

New electronics

Good discussion. It's the down and side imaging that I'm really questioning whether I need or would find useful. Watching videos, guys make it seem like side imaging is the best tool for finding fish and structure fast, but I don't know how that works trolling for walleye in 50 or 60 ft of...
  14. Buckhorn

New electronics

Thanks for the reply. I've had troubles with humminbird as well, but so far I've really only had the low end entry level stuff. I like the fish reveal feature of the Lowrance, it adds sonar images on top of the down image structure, which helps with screen space to have one less window open.
  15. Buckhorn

New electronics

I'm looking to upgrade the fish finder on my boat, and am looking for advice. I have a 17ft legend with 90hp. Fish mostly LPB, Erie, lower grand, inland lakes for perch, walleye. Also would like to use ice fishing. Budget is <$1000 1) Is side scan useful when trolling on Erie or is down scan...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks