You say my boat is expensive?

Your boat is expensive, but so is that. 😁

Wow that one package of "Fresh Pickerel" is rather dark. 🤔😳

Never seen that on my boat. 😁🌻

I do that 2x per year for myself spring and fall
The rest is given away and without asking for anything in return I always get deer meat in some form , moose meat in some form , and one my good friend cooks pheasant and jackrabbit dinner and invite us ,
But yes @Extra Virgin with food prices today its a good idea to keep your catches

Glad I have what I have in the freezer from earlier this year before I went back into hibernation at those prices ($36/lb for the perch, and $23/lb for the wallpickereyel To make the conversion you divide the price per kg by 2.2 to get the price per lb. If you really want to be a stickler, you divide it by 2.2046.)

Its great that perch and pickerel freeze so well and the fish from l erie are safe to eat for all ages. Like others my freezer is well stocked, we eat fish 1-2x a week and i give lots away. If ppl like fish they have fish when they want. We are lucky to have the resource.

Those high prices are for pickerel..which I dont eat because of the cost.
I prefer walleye which are much more plentiful on Lake Erie, and thus less expensive.
I still have walleye in the freezer, but the few pickerel we caught were consumed immediately....

Most of us fish because we enjoy it and because it puts food on the table.

But I love that we can see exactly what it costs a commercial producer to do what we do (but with big nets and grocery store markup). I don't think most people share fish as though they're worth nearly that much!

I could do the math on some of our best days and convince myself that the boys and caught the equivalent of the year's insurance... not bad!

Thank goodness the big stores aren't gouging us ! I would check back on Dec. 11th or 12th to see if they slap a 50% Off sticker on them .
Like the fish that I had found recently @Old Cut LongPointer with the Special sticker’s? (around 50% off). But in this case,they were Atlantic Salmon,and they were quite delicious,the salmon that I have already eaten. 🐟🐟😋 👍🙂

Attachments

• IMG_2212.jpeg
    IMG_2212.jpeg
    258.6 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2213.jpeg
    IMG_2213.jpeg
    221.8 KB · Views: 29
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks