Yo-Zuri Topknot Mainline Fluorocarbon

Wave Runner

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Has anyone tried this fluoro? Any comments are appreciated. :)

81qidXrZ56L._AC_SX522_.jpg

Just got the same stuff for salmon leaders. Seems top notch and more “subtle” than the same seagar test line. Knot tying seems easier. Haven’t tried it on a fish yet..

I am usually fishing 25 lb invizx 0.45mm diameter and my friend was using a 20 lb -under .40 mm. His line would constantly fire with scotty or with back offshore releases.

I am usually fishing 25 lb invizx 0.45mm diameter and my friend was using a 20 lb -under .40 mm. His line would constantly fire with scotty or with back offshore releases.
That's what I usually use in 20 lb. for leaders but found in my tests it consistently breaks at 15 lbs.

That's what I usually use in 20 lb. for leaders but found in my tests it consistently breaks at 15 lbs.
For leaders I use blue label 20 lb, I find it stronger. I find the 25 lb invizx lasts forever but anything thinner degrades within 3-4 years. Found it hard way losing 4 lakers in a row on an old 8 lb invizx leader jiggin off a boat on Simcoe at the time it was full of lakers. The 4lb Invizx is the worst, it becomes trash in a year.

biggest enemy of flauro is heat and sunlight. Buddy pulled his rods out of a side storage for his rods after a year and I just fell apart. I use about 40 feet of flauro leader on my rods and just swap it out half way through the season.

If you want top notch fluoro leader that won’t break under strength the best I’ve found is Sunline super sniper. Amazingly tough stuff!

Super sniper comes in 200 yard rolls and is super abrasion resistant. Best stuff I’ve used, but not cheap.

Well Bob as you know I have been having problems with my Seagar flouro leaders breaking so my buddy Mathew Sawrie (Torpedo Fishing Products) tossed some of his 20lb flouro into my boat the middle of last season and so far I have not had any break.

Will update with pics later. Just caught a healthy 12 pound bow out on lake-o. First fish on the up-zuri. The leader is completely “pig-tailed” releasing the fish and upon inspection. Held up fine but looks super-stretched

Well Bob as you know I have been having problems with my Seagar flouro leaders breaking so my buddy Mathew Sawrie (Torpedo Fishing Products) tossed some of his 20lb flouro into my boat the middle of last season and so far I have not had any break.
Hey can you get him to toss a few rolls into my boat? 😁 Just kidding, maybe I'll give it a try and thanks for the tip Wayne.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks