Yesterday's result

lcooper

Went to shooting point #31. No ducks. Saw some but very few. The post, a very long pole, was a sore eye as it was standing 30 to 40 feet out in the water. Ducks were spooked when approaching the dekes. It served as a warning post for them. Could someone moved it closer to the shore??

hunted inner bay by bait island 0. nothing even came close,didn't see that much flying mostly lawn darts, ruddies and a few bufflehead

. seen very few marsh ducks heard very little shooting. in all my years(37 yrs) hunting the bay this is the worst season to date.we've shot 12 geese and 18 ducks in 7 trips (2 guys).i think it's going to be a late migration.

I set up at 2pm and hunted to dark. Got 3 redheads and a gadwall. Had others (gadwalls, ringneck, woodie) decoy in but I'm notorious of ligting up a smoke at the wrong time... Come to think of it, I think my best decoy is a pack of Players and a bic lighter.

It has been a slow season. Slow migration maybe, but with all the water around, the ducks have a lot of options. I've found back waters and cut ponds not so productive this year. Open water off sheltered points seems to be producing.

Set up off Turkey Point for the afternoon shoot, seen a lot of small diver flocks flying all afternoon. Had a lot of single birds coming into our spread (redheads), should of had more but got 2. We were shooting with out eyes closed.

Morning flight of divers was unbelievable, thousands of birds all flying from the inner bay out to the lake side.

6 buddies gunned the inner bay friday afternoon from 2-515 and took their 36 birds..mostly redheads, along with some bluebills and widgeon..

This afternoon I was out alone set up at 3:00 and took my 6th bird at 4:07. all redheads along with 1 northern drake mallard..It's been a warm fall but things are starting to turn for the better..

Happiness is a day on the ice

hey redhead what day where you out? where did you hunt at turkey point out front or in the bay? sat. we seen lots of birds coming out of the bay headed out towards nanticoke.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks