Tundra Swans Have Arrived

Tundra Swan

Hello Guys,

I was out layout hunting for "divers" with my neighbour yesterday and we saw our first arrival of Tundra Swans this year ... obviously having ridden that recent north westerly cold front earlier this week.

We did fairly well considering the wicked wind and the shallow water (weed problems with the outboard) ... one Bluebill, three Redheads, two Buffleheads in about 2 1/2 hours ... packed up before dark.

Jerome

Hello Guys,

I was out layout hunting for "divers" with my neighbour yesterday and we saw our first arrival of Tundra Swans this year ... obviously having ridden that recent north westerly cold front earlier this week.

We did fairly well considering the wicked wind and the shallow water (weed problems with the outboard) ... one Bluebill, three Redheads, two Buffleheads in about 2 1/2 hours ... packed up before dark.

Jerome
Was great to see them showing up yesterday and today! Lots of Reds to be had the last couple days.

Was that you folks off the causeway in B zone?

-Nick

Hello Nick,

We were the only ones out there on Thursday but we were not in B Zone ... we were a bit to the north and past the Big Creek channel (B Zone starts south of the Big Creek channel).

Jerome

PS The "B Zone" is only open on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays ... did not see anybody in B Zone on Thursday.

Hello Nick,

We were the only ones out there on Thursday but we were not in B Zone ... we were a bit to the north and past the Big Creek channel (B Zone starts south of the Big Creek channel).

Jerome

PS The "B Zone" is only open on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays ... did not see anybody in B Zone on Thursday.
My bad, I meant Friday!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks